[NEohioPAL] A YouTube series for northeast Ohio talent!

Matt Pallotta flmdirector at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 11:03:50 PST 2009

Local actors, directors, producers and artists of all types: between this
weather and the economy (especially in this area), we need something to
laugh about.  Red Duck Pictures has just launched its very first web series,
via YouTube, MySpace and various other sites.  The series is titled *The
Road to Sundance: on a shoestring budget*, a fake documentary on a film crew
in northeast Ohio, trying to make an epic film and get it into the Sundance
film festival.  The catch: they have no idea what the hell they're doing;
and those who do, couldn't care less to try.  Each episode runs
approximately 7-10 minutes in length.  If you like "The Office," you'll
appreciate the style we've produced the show in: mockumentary style that is.
We have a very talented cast in this show, who make a compelling and
believable set of characters.  We also have a fantastic group of people
working behind the scenes to get it shot, written, scored, produced and
launched.  The website
www.RoadtoSundance.com<http://www.roadtosundance.com/>is up and
running but we will be working out some kinks in it over the next
few days, so please be patient if you have issues when viewing it.  Also,
www.RedDuckPictures.com <http://www.redduckpictures.com/> has videos and
resources on the series as well, with hopes to completely revamp the Red
Duck site in the upcoming months.  For those of you who frequent MySpace,
MySpace.com/TheRoadToSundance <http://myspace.com/TheRoadToSundance> is
dedicated to promoting the show, and you can have fun getting lost in the
characters' world with personal pages and information on the cast and crew
of the "film."

Each link below will take you to YouTube to view an Episode.  I recommend,
for those of you who have the option, click *WATCH IN HIGH QUALITY* to the
bottom right of the video on the page – it looks much better in that format!
That's a nice feature YouTube has recently added.  For those of you with
children, in case you're wondering, we would rate this TV-14, about what you
would see in primetime on network television.  The most foul language in the
dialogue is bleeped – I know, to some of you that's a disappointment…  Also,
available on YouTube along with the episodes are extended clips for the
videos, commercials and cutaways featured in the show – you really have to
check those out!!!  Once you've watched, please, PASS THIS ON TO ANYONE and
EVERYONE!!!!  Our hopes are to start out with word-of-mouth getting some
local attention, and hopefully, eventually even more widespread.  And, if
you use YouTube frequently or want to sign up, we'd love to have some
ratings and comments by the videos, and I'll gladly take feedback via
email.  We truly believe we have a great product here and I hope you feel
the same way.  If nothing else, we hope you get a good laugh out of it. What
this can mean for you, if this keeps going, which is in our hopes, we'll be
looking for more cast and crew as the episodes progress.

Some names may be familiar to you -

Starring:  Bobby Thomas, Andrew Goldsworth, Amy Pelleg, Greg Lavell, Dusten
Welch, Rick Montgomery Jr., Michael Riffle, Tom Leland and Richard Rolenz

Episode 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX6zdAn5veg

Episode 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN4kyjUHVYE&feature=related

Episode 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zJFkJwz9iU&feature=related

Episode 4, Part 1 -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkmOQCIzTP4&feature=related

Episode 4, Part 2 -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWfVP1uzZic&feature=related

Episode 5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXXXZhsgnbo&feature=related

Check out YouTube.com/RedDuckPictures for the entire playlist and more
video!  Thanks for all your support, we really appreciate it.

               Sincerely,

                    ~Matt Pallotta
Matt Pallotta / Director
Red Duck Pictures