[NEohioPAL] Upcoming cultural event by Cleveland Chinese Music Ensemble Performance

Johnny K. Wu johnny at mdifilm.com
Wed Jan 28 05:46:03 PST 2009

Formed in 2008, the Cleveland Chinese Music Ensemble includes some of the
finest Chinese musicians in the northeast Ohio area, playing traditional
Chinese string, wind, and percussion instruments.

The ensemble performed in November 2008 for the opening celebration of the
University of Akron's Confucius Institute at E. J. Thomas Hall in Akron,
Ohio. We are looking forward to this season of performances, particularly
performances for the Chinese New Year.

Please see above for our schedule, and let us know if you would like us to
present a program for your university, school, museum, international
festival, library, organization, or company.

For more information, please visit
http://www.myspace.com/clevelandchineseensemble

Directors: David Badagnani and Rosa Lee

1/29/2009 --- Cleveland Clinic Foundation  4:30 PM - 5:15 PM

Program:   (1) Purple Bamboo

           (2) Childhood Sweetheart

           (3) Guzheng Solo : LiuYang River

           (4) Mo Li Hua

           (5) PiPa Solo: Happy days

           (6) Xun Demonstration

           (7) Xi Yang Yang

           (8) Gloden Snake

Performers:

Sheng and Xun: David Badagnani,

Dizi:           Yenhow Huang,

PiPa           Yanping Ye,

Guzheng       Alison Jin, Rosa Lee

Percussions     David Mansbach, Dr. Han Xu, Yenhow Huang

2/8/2009 --- Cleveland Public Library. ( downtown)  2 PM - 2 :15 PM.

Program:   (1) Purple Bamboo

(2) Guzheng Solo: LiuYang River      by Alison Jin

(3) Xi Yang Yang

(4) Gloden Snak

Performers:

Sheng and Xun: David Badagnani,

Dizi:           Yenhow Huang,

PiPa           Yanping Ye,

Guzheng       Alison Jin, Rosa Lee

Percussions     David Mansbach, Dr. Han Xu, Yenhow Huang

3/22/2009, Sunday --- International Folk Festival at Palace Theater.

9 AM dress rehearsal, 2 PM performance

Program:  (1) Purple Bamboo

(2) Xi Yang Yang

(4) Gloden Snak

Musicians: David Badagnani, Rosa Lee, Yanping Ye, Alison Jin, Han Xu,

David Mansbach, Xu Zhiyi, Demi Zhang, Yenhow Hwang, Mingyen Lee,

Joanna Teng, Amy Li, Xiao Jianxin, Liu Kecheng.