[NEohioPAL] Estate sale: Starving artist/Earlybird preview for personal use, props, wardrobe, set dressing

Michael A. Miller msrg-publications at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 30 09:28:14 PST 2009

Hello,

I'm clearing out a rental property due to a death in my family.  I'm preparing for an estate sale but I'm running out of room to display the goods. Therefore, in order to make more space immediately, I need to get rid of the following items :

Sofa: 87", Traditional look, rounded back and arms, burgundy-on-burgundy ("nath scarlet") jacquard-patterned fabric.  Not overstuffed, medium-firm but cushy.  Everybody, no matter what size or degree of frailty they were, found it comfy.
Easy chair with ottoman:    Slightly overstuffed.  The squarish ottoman is large and comfortable enough to be used for spare seating; kids love it.  The custom-ordered fabric is a tasteful, warm ochre color ("Geneva goldenrod")with scarlet inlay that complements the sofa fabric.  The fabric pattern suggests paisley.  Overall, this set is a nice traditional-contemporary hybrid.
Small recliner:    The "Archie Bunker chair" of this household.  Its slate-blue color provided a stark contrast to the rest of the decor, but was the cozy throne of its beloved and bitterly missed owner.  This chair is on the smaller side, as the person using it was 4'7" and not 90 pounds.  She was as light as a feather and never reclined in it, so the hardware should be in tip-top shape.  It's not dirty now, but with some steam-cleaning, it should be quite the little gem.  The fabric is microfiber with a subtle corduroy-like wale.  It's so comfortable, I'd keep it myself but, at 5'11"  my knees are up around my chin when I sit in it.  I see this as the ideal piece for the little man or young lady who is ready for his or her own special chair.

If the furniture works for you but the colors don't, each piece should be handily slip-coverable.  Each piece may be bought separately, except for the chair and ottoman, which should go as a set.  All but the blue recliner were purchased at Levin Furniture and delivered in August 2006.  They are gently used, flawless and like new.

Prices:            Sofa - $250.00
                          Chair & ottoman - $235.00
                          Recliner - $50.00

CASH AND CARRY ONLY.  WHENEVER YOU WISH TO BUY, WHETHER IT'S AT THE TIME YOU COME TO LOOK AT THE FURNITURE OR IF YOU MUST LEAVE AND RETURN, PLEASE BRING THE EXACT AMOUNT OF THE PURCHASE PRICE IN CASH, A VEHICLE SUFFICIENT TO TRANSPORT THE FURNITURE AND ENOUGH MUSCLE TO CARRY IT OUT.  IF YOU COME TO LOOK AT THE FURNITURE, THEN HAVE TO LEAVE AND RETURN AND SOMEONE ELSE SHOWS UP WITH MONEY & A TRUCK, THE PIECES MAY NOT BE HERE WHEN YOU GET BACK.  All sales are final.

You may shop by appointment any day or evening of the week or weekend.  My number is 216.389.6784.  Some household items and clothes are on display but not everything.  If you see something else besides the furniture that you could use, we can discuss its availability (my family hasn't seen everything yet) and you may be able to purchase it.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Michael A. Miller
216.389.6784