[NEohioPAL] One More Week To Go for "A HOUSE WITH NO WALLS" at Karamu! Three Shows Have Sold Out!

performingarts at karamu.com performingarts at karamu.com
Sun Feb 8 15:48:05 PST 2009

One More Week To Go For Karamu House "A HOUSE WITH NO WALLS!"
Three Shows Have SOLD OUT! Feb. 12th, 14th & 15!
Tickets Available ONLY Friday, February 13th!

A HOUSE WITH NO WALLS
What: Karamu House presents the play by Thomas Gibbons, directed by
Terrence Spivey
When: Through Sunday, Feb. 15. (Tickets Available Next Friday Only)
Where: 2355 East 89th St., Cleveland.
Tickets: $20-$25. Call 216-795-7070 or go to www.karamu.com.

What Critics Are Saying About A HOUSE WITH NO WALLS

"Katrice Headd, all polish and control, leads the seven-member cast as a
black historian whose contrarian views about victimhood and
responsibility..."

"Peter Lawson Jones, a Cuyahoga County commissioner in real life, takes
government to task as a protester demanding a slave-quarters museum on the
site."

"Clyde Simon makes brief but memorable appearances in several
roles..."-Tony Brown, Cleveland Plain Dealer

"I love it when a theatrical production ends before my concentration
begins to falter. A House with No Walls, now at Karamu through February
15, held my attention so thoroughly on opening night (even at close to 2
1/2 hours, including intermission) that I really did not want it to be
over. It's as close to a perfect production as I've seen in several
years."

"The unique set was designed by John Konopka and the fabulous costumes
(historical and modern day) were by Harold Crawford. Lighting and sound
design, which added greatly to the overall ambiance were by Richard H.
Morris, Jr." - Kelly Ferjutz, CoolCleveland.com

"Pretty Taresa Willingham is quite moving as the slave Oney Judge...James
S. Hakim is oddly affecting as the dreamy-eyed, childlike older brother
Austin. Calvin Lane is utterly believable as Jacob Easton...Harold
Crawford’s costumes faithfully differentiate the time frames." - Fran
Heller, Cleveland Jewish News...

"Gibbons writes  crisp and powerful dialogue that believably sketches the
opposing viewpoints of blacks today." - Christine Howey, Rave and PAN..

2008/09 Season of A L'il Night Music and a Whole Lotta Blues

The Bow Wow Club
March 13 - April 12, 2009

Lady Day at Emerson's Bar and Grill
April 24 - May 24, 2009

17th Annual R. Joyce Whitley ARENAFEST of New Works
March 30 - April 10, 2009

Ghostlight Series Presents a World Premier Workshop Production
Before I Die: The War Against Tupac Shakur
June 4 - June 16, 2009

2008/09 Summer Musical

It Ain't Nothin' But The Blues
July 10 - August 2, 2009