[NEohioPAL] 6th gr - college students: Next round of AUDITIONS for FPAC's acclaimed "Professional Training Workshop" are March 7 & 8

Fred Sternfeld fsternfeld at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 05:45:24 PST 2009

*Check out complete details about our Professional Training Workshop on our
website: http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac09/ *
**
*
*
 Carly Gordon (FPAC alumni - '08):
(Soon to be) BFA Acting Major at Marymount Manhattan College
Narrator in Joseph at FPAC last summer
Eleanor Dale in The Utter Glory of Morrissey Hall at Mercury Summerstock
Bird Girl in Seussical at The Fine Arts Association

"FPAC really furthered my education in acting and theatre. I learned so much
in just one summer and it has helped me immensely in my college acting
course. I owe so much to the program and it not only gave me confidence in
my acting but it gave me a better outlook on myself. The instructors and
people involved are really inspiring and I made so many lasting bonds. Carol
Pribble and Mitchell Fields really changed my views of acting and taught me
so many tactics to use in my college classes and my future career. Thanks so
much for such a great experience :)"
**
*A U D I T I O N S*
*for*
*Fairmount Performing Arts Conservatory<http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac09/>
 *
*Fred Sternfeld, artistic director*
**
THE PROFESSIONAL TRAINING WORKSHOP

*open to 6-12th grade and college students
(younger students admitted by special permission)

Supervisor: Carol Pribble

Staff (more to be announced soon):
Mitchell B. Fields, George Roth, Molly Cornwell, Fred Sternfeld, Bebe
Weinberg Katz, Christianne Beffel, Dana Hart,
Natalie Green, Randi Sternfeld, Tom Fulton

The young people enrolled in the FPAC Professional Training Workshop should
have a desire to study theater in a challenging and disciplined environment.
  The training is focused on creating truthful, three dimensional
characters. *
**
**

**
*AUDITION DATES AND TIMES
Saturday, March 7, 2009*
*1:00pm - 6:00pm
@**Mayfield Village Performing Arts
Center*<http://www.fairmountcenter.org/facilities.htm>
 <http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac07/maps.htm>
*&*
*Sunday, March 8, 2009*
*1:00pm - 6:00pm
**@**Mayfield Village Performing Arts
Center*<http://www.fairmountcenter.org/facilities.htm>

*Make an appointment by calling 440-338-3171*

*
*

*Other programs are available for our younger campers, no audition
required!
Check out details here <http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac09/index.htm> *

*

Here are a few testimonials from our parents and student alumni ...*

FPAC has furthered me by great strides as an actor. The staff of FPAC are by
far the best I've ever worked with!  I had so much fun in Scene Study.  Improv
– this was probably my favorite of all – I learned so much!!  I loved the
dance program. Christianne Beffel is awesome!  I loved the overnight!

*Nick Hyland – FPAC '08*

Superb!  It was a great experience.  I learned more in 6 weeks than I
thought possible.  I loved it so much I did 2 sessions.  Amazing staff. I
Iearned a lot about studying my character. It was also fun.  I loved Musical
Theatre scene study.  Improv was amazingly fun.  "Go Big C" – Christianne
challenged us in dance so I learned a lot.  "Joseph" – Great process – the
staff is the best – it couldn't be better. LOVED "JOSEPH" AND "R AND J." I
wish the camp was year round because I learned so much.
*Tia Karaplis – FPAC '08*

Fairmount Performing Arts Camp is the gold standard of education in theater
arts. Our daughter is no newcomer to theater, having acted since the age of
7. However, we've noticed a quantum leap in awareness, confidence, and
technical skill as a result of this camp. We are deeply grateful for the
instruction and advice she received from directors as seasoned as Fred
Sternfeld, Carol Pribble, and Mitchell Fields. Where else can children in
this region receive such in-depth training and excellent preparation for
auditions?  The staff of this camp are warm and supportive mentors who care
about young people and love to teach!
*Lois H. Annich
Mother of Molly Israel, FPAC '05, '06 & '07*

Hi Fred,
We are out of breath from running from camps to baseball games to
rehearsals, but I wanted to tell you how much Emma ABSOLUTELY LOVES camp.
Returning to FPAC felt like "coming home" to her.  She is so eager to get
there every morning and so happy at the end of each day.  She loves the
instruction, the instructors, and the campers.  She says she is working hard
and learning so much, particularly from the scene study classes.  You will
recall that when Fran Heller asked Emma why she wanted to go back to FPAC
after her experience in New York, she replied, "Just because you've been on
Broadway doesn't mean you ever stop learning." Her experience at FPAC has
certainly proven that to be true.  Jeff and I honestly had decided that it
might not be prudent for her to attend the second session due to her
demanding tech and performance schedule throughout July for SUNDAY IN THE
PARK WITH GEORGE as well as some academic work she is doing in preparation
for an advanced math course she will be taking this fall.   However, Emma's
overwhelming enjoyment of camp and all she seems to be gaining from it
caused us to reconsider.   She is elated!
*Carol Koletsky Wahl
Mother of Emma Wahl, FPAC '04, '06 & '07*

Hi Fred,
I just wanted to thank you for making Hunter's summer so wonderful.  You
just made each day a joy as she hopped out of bed excited for camp each
morning.  She said she learned more the first day of camp than she had ever
learned elsewhere.  Hunter has always attended the camp we run (around since
the 1940's) and has not had one regret about leaving our camp to attend
FPAC.  She has made new "best" friends, loves her counselors and already
talks about next summer at FPAC.  Again, thanks for giving her this
opportunity.  You are wonderful.
*Tracey Evans
Mother of Hunter Evans-Roskos, FPAC '06 & '07

**
***

*for more information about FPAC, including the complete program, a typical
day, staff bios, testimonials, what to prepare for your audition and how to
make your audition appointment go to our
website<http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac09/>
  or call 440-338-3171.*