[NEohioPAL] fiddler needed immediately

Bruce Locke bruce.bass4u at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 10:22:46 PST 2009

Greetings All! We are in immediate need of a fiddler to replace a musician
that is leaving the state. This is for Geauga Lyric Theater Guild's upcoming
production of "Fiddler On The Roof." Good sight reading skills or previous
experience doing this work are needed. Run dates are 3/13 - 4/5 (consecutive
weekends). This is a community theater, but we offer competitive
remuneration, which translates into "decent pay!" You will be compensated
for rehearsals and performances. Please contact me for details. We are a fun
group to work with and GLTG productions are always top-notch. Be a part of
this great production.
   "Fiddler On The Roof" is from a group of stories by the great Jewish
writer Solomon Rabinowitz, aka Sholem Aleichem (The Jewish Mark Twain). The
original title of this story is "Tevye the Dairyman." The story is set in
Czarist Russia, circa 1905. The Russians live on one side of town, the Jews
on the other. Tevye watches helplessly as the old ways start to disappear
around him and his people are once again forced to move on. This is a story
that runs the whole range of human emotions, featuring some of the most
memorable songs ever produced for the theater.
   We hope to see you soon!
   Bruce J. Locke
   Music Director