[NEohioPAL] Picture This: TrueNorth Symphony Concert Feb. 20-21

James Traxler jtraxbay at oh.rr.com
Thu Feb 12 09:21:01 PST 2009

TrueNorth Symphony Presents Annual Concert:  "Picture This!"

The TrueNorth Symphony, under the direction of James Traxler, is presenting
its annual concert on Friday, February 20 and Saturday, February 21.  The
theme for the concert is "Picture This!"

Mr. Traxler explains:  "Our TrueNorth Concerts are held in the French Creek
Nature Center in Ewing Hall, where pictures by many Northeast Ohio artists
are exhibited and are for sale.  What could be more appropriate than to
present Mussorgsky's well-known "Pictures at an Exhibition" in an art
gallery?  And why not present a theme from a motion picture in a hall where
TrueNorth presents new dramatic productions almost every month?  So we will
perform the popular John Williams score from "Star Wars: Return of the
Jedi."

"We combine the visual arts with our music by projecting on a screen behind
the orchestra the actual pictures thought to have been in the Exhibition of
art by his late friend, Viktor Hartman, that inspired Mussorgsky to compose
this famous work. We will also show images from the Star Wars movie, so this
concert will be a true multi-media experience."

In addition to these blockbuster works, the Symphony will feature some of
our own musicians in performances of concertos from the Baroque and
Classical eras.  Come and hear Kim Weaver and Bruce Biggin play the Albinoni
Double Oboe Concerto;  Jenifer Klein play the Telemann Flute Concerto in G,
and Cody Lumsden play the Dragonetti String Bass Concerto in A.

Tickets are $10 on sale at www.TNCArts.org or
www.LorainCountyMetroParks.com.  The concerts are at 7:30 pm and doors open
at 7:00 pm.  Tickets are also on sale at the door, unless sold out in
advance.

TrueNorth at French Creek is located at 4530 Colorado Ave. (Route 611),
Sheffield Village, 2.4 miles north and west of the I-90/Rt 611 Interchange.

For further information, call TrueNorth at French Creek, 440-949-1616, or
Jim Traxler at 440-554-4519.

Jim Traxler

Director, TrueNorth Symphony

TrueNorth Symphony Concerts:  February 20, 21

   at  French Creek Nature Center, 7:30 pm

 <mailto:jtraxbay at oh.rr.com> jtraxbay at oh.rr.com

Cell 440-554-4519