[NEohioPAL] COLLEGE STUDENTS speak out about FPAC's Summer Professional Training Workshop

Fred Sternfeld fsternfeld at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 05:54:44 PST 2009

*Check out complete details about our Professional Training Workshop on our
website: http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac09/ *
**
*
*
 Kelly Pekar (FPAC '04)
(Kelly transferred to a different college after she wrote this.  She has had
many lead roles at her new college and in summer stock over the last few
years)
This past summer at Fairmount Performing Arts Camp was a wonderful
experience and I thank you so much! Now that I have been in college for a
semester, I am realizing just how valuable the acting training was at FPAC.
I am finding that camp has prepared me more for a career in theatre than
many of my college classes have. FPAC took time to critique each individual
student in a supportive, nurturing environment. My college program has
neglected to teach many of the character development concepts and the idea
of "behaving truthfully and naturally" as opposed to "acting." I feel so
honored to have gotten the opportunity to work with numerous area
professionals last summer, as opposed to the same one or two teachers that
are common in the college setting. Looking back, I know I really would have
missed out had I not participated in FPAC last summer, and I certainly
wouldn't be where I am now in terms of my acting capabilities. I think that
FPAC is certainly valuable for any college student who wishes to pursue a
career in theatre.

Anne Markt (FPAC '04, '05)
 University of Michigan, AEA actress
I loved FPAC- I really felt like I was in a theatre school with classes on
every aspect of the stage. I learned so much and I encourage anyone looking
to prepare for a professional career in theatre to come to FPAC ! Because of
FPAC I feel inspired to take more classes and learn more. The teachers are
incredible and each one helped me grow as an actress and a person. Thanks!!

Carly Gordon (FPAC  '08)
BFA Acting Major at Marymount Manhattan College
Narrator in Joseph at FPAC last summer
Eleanor Dale in The Utter Glory of Morrissey Hall at Mercury Summerstock
Bird Girl in Seussical at The Fine Arts Association

FPAC really furthered my education in acting and theatre. I learned so much
in just one summer and it has helped me immensely in my college acting
course. I owe so much to the program and it not only gave me confidence in
my acting but it gave me a better outlook on myself. The instructors and
people involved are really inspiring and I made so many lasting bonds. Carol
Pribble and Mitchell Fields really changed my views of acting and taught me
so many tactics to use in my college classes and my future career. Thanks so
much for such a great experience :)

 *Halle Morse (FPAC '04)*
*U. of Cinti - College Conservatory of Music graduate, AEA actress*
Ya know, FPAC was great this summer and I'm very happy I did it, especially
considering the demanding challenges (*COLLEGE AUDITIONS!*) I was faced with
this year. The program is simply ideal for students really interested in
theatre as a profession; even those looking to participate as a hobby. There
are few educational theatre programs really dedicated to teaching youth the
"real deal" and preparing them for what may lie ahead. I've done many day
camp programs, none offer the acting training that fpac does. The
professional atmosphere alone sets the camp apart from others. I'm excited
to see this program grow! I just really wanted to commend you for offering
such an excellent program for students. Just my 2 cents, I know you already
know it's fabulous! Thanks again so much for the character analysis sheet!
Reeeally helpful!

Alex Puette (FPAC '04)
University of Michigan Theatre
When I auditioned for Fairmount last spring, I didn't realize what I would
be getting myself into. I, as well as most of the other students that
attended FPAC last summer, have been involved with many theatre camps over
the past few years. For all I knew, FPAC could have just been any other
theatre camp. But it wasn't. Fairmount was a truly different experience. My
time spent at FPAC was extremely beneficial, from the guest artists to the
scene study we did with the instructors. Like Halle, I believe that my
summer at FPAC really helped me with my college auditions this year, and
will continue to help me throughout the rest of my theatre studies. For any
student of theatre, especially ones that are trying to pursue it as a
career, I can not persuade you more emphatically to attend Fairmount
Performing Arts Camp. I am extremely proud to say that I was a part of the
first year at FPAC. As far as my college situation, I have been accepted to
University of Cincinnati - College Conservatory of Music, University of
Michigan, and Point Park College. It has been an absolutely crazy year! Like
I said, I really think the things I learned at FPAC helped me out during
this extremely stressful fall/winter!

**
*A U D I T I O N S*
*for*
*Fairmount Performing Arts Conservatory<http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac09/>
 *
*Fred Sternfeld, artistic director*
**
THE PROFESSIONAL TRAINING WORKSHOP

*open to 6-12th grade and college students
(younger students admitted by special permission)

Supervisor: Carol Pribble

Staff
(more to be announced soon)
Mitchell B. Fields, George Roth, Molly Cornwell, Fred Sternfeld, Bebe
Weinberg Katz, Christianne Beffel, Dana Hart, Natalie Green, Randi
Sternfeld, Tom Fulton

The young people enrolled in the FPAC Professional Training Workshop should
have a desire to study theater in a challenging and disciplined environment.
  The training is focused on creating truthful, three dimensional
characters. *
**
**

**
*AUDITION DATES AND TIMES
Saturday, March 7, 2009*
*1:00pm - 6:00pm
@**Mayfield Village Performing Arts
Center*<http://www.fairmountcenter.org/facilities.htm>
 <http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac07/maps.htm>
*&*
*Sunday, March 8, 2009*
*1:00pm - 6:00pm
**@**Mayfield Village Performing Arts
Center*<http://www.fairmountcenter.org/facilities.htm>

*Make an appointment by calling 440-338-3171*

*
*

FPAC will also be producing full scale productions of

Into the Woods

&

The Laramie Project

this summer.  Students enrolled in at least one session of training are
elibible to audition. MORE INFO
here<http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac09/presents.htm>
 .

*Other programs are available for our younger campers, no audition
required!
Check out details here <http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac09/index.htm> *

*
*

*
**
***

*for more information about FPAC, including the complete program, a typical
day, staff bios, testimonials, what to prepare for your audition and how to
make your audition appointment go to our
website<http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac09/>
  or call 440-338-3171.*