[NEohioPAL] "Crazy for You" plus "Dinner Before the Show" at Ashtabula Arts Center

Pamela Hammond aac at ashartscenter.org
Mon Feb 16 08:13:30 PST 2009

"Crazy for YouT"
with Music and Lyrics by George Gershwin and Ira Gershwin
And Book by Ken Ludwig
will be performed on the G. B. Community Theatre stage
at the Ashtabula Arts Center
2928 West 13th Street, Ashtabula
February 20, 21, 22, 22, 23, 24, March 1, 6, and 7.
Friday and Saturday performances begin at 8 p.m.
Sunday matinees begin at 2 p.m.

Dinner will be available prior to the performance on Saturday, February 28th.
Price of dinner is $16.  Dinner seating begins at 6:30 p.m.
The evenings menu will include:
Mixed Green Salad, Apple-stuffed Chicken Breast, Scalloped Potatoes, Green Beans, Rolls with Butter and Fresh Fruit Parfait.
Reservations and pre-payment are required by noon on Tuesday, February 24 unless seating is sold out prior to this time.

This new George and Ira Gershwin extravaganza is filled with song and dance, and talented playwright Ken Ludwig's hilarious dialogue. The audience will be swept up in the artfully constructed tale of Bobby Child, a well-to-do 1930's playboy, whose dream in life is to dance. And despite the serious efforts of his mother and soon-to-be-ex-fiancee, Bobby achieves his dream! It's a high-energy comedy which includes mistaken identity, plot twists and fabulous dance numbers.

Set in 1936, the play features many memorable tunes from old George and Ira Gershwin shows of the '20s and '30s, including "I Can't Be Bothered Now," "Bidin' My Time," "I Got Rhythm," "Naughty Baby," "They Can't Take That Away from Me," "But Not for Me," "Nice Work if You Can Get It," "Embraceable You" and "Someone to Watch Over Me."

"This show is adapted from the 1930's musical, 'Girl Crazy' - the only Gershwin musical to be filmed more than once," says director Douglas Anderson of Ashtabula. "The most famous version starred Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland. Like them, our leads-- Ellie Portman as Polly and Nick Cusano as Bobby -- also bring an engaging stage presence and a wealth of talent and dedication. The comic timing and chemistry between them are delightful. Our supporting cast is stellar, as well, and the hard work that everyone has put in really shows."

Show tickets can be purchased and dinner reservations made by calling the Arts Center at (440) 964-3396 or by visiting the box office. Show tickets are $10 adults $9 seniors $8 students.

Order yours today!

"Crazy for YouT"  is presented by special arrangement with Tams-Witmark, Inc.

Pamela Hammond
Public Relations/Marketing Coordinator
Ashtabula Arts Center
Phone/Fax: 440.964.3396