[NEohioPAL] Jane Eyre the Musical at Kent State University

Craig M. Rosenthal cmractor at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 13:48:02 PST 2009

Short Student Review of Jane Eyre the Musical at Kent State University

A friend and I went to go see Jane Eyre the musical at my school, Kent
State, and I just have to say it was one of the best theatrical experience
that I have had in a long time.  Possibly what I would call the best show of
our season.

Director Terri Kent had the most perfect ideas for this show. The casting is
perfect, the theatricality of the show was perfect, everything was perfect.

I am one of those unfortunate students who have not read the book that this
show is based on, however, I went in there with a basic knowledge of the
relationships between the lead characters.  As soon as the show started, I
was fixated on the story.  I became so emotional from the beginning and
entranced with everything through the rest of the performance.  All of my
peers in the department were unrecognizable as the people I know and gave an
amazing performances both as an ensemble and as leads.  As I told Terri Kent
as I left the theatre, "words cannot describe how amazing the show was."

Don't miss this production produced by Kent State School of Theatre and
Dance.  It is a must see, if I may say so.

The show runs Tuesday through Sunday for the rest of the week.  Please check
out the Kent State Theatre and Dance website at
http://www.theatre.kent.edufor tickets and more information.
--
Craig Rosenthal
crosenth at kent.edu