[NEohioPAL] Ensemble Theatre Season is Closed

Ensemble Theatre ensemble-theatre at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 22 19:55:11 PST 2009

Ensemble Theatre of Cleveland
Lucia Colombi,Founder

TO ALL OF ENSEMBLE'S FRIENDS, PATRONS, AND COLLEAGUES,

Ensemble Theatre has been through some challenging periods, but none
as critical as the present one. With the passing of our beloved Founder and
Artistic Director, added to the absence of critical funding, the Board of
Trustees has resolved to cancel the next production, Nilo Cruz' The
Beauty of the Father, scheduled to open this Friday, February 27th,
and the final production of the season, August Wilson's Radio Golf,
scheduled to open Friday, April 10. This closing of the season is
effective immediately.

We ask all subscribers and others holding coupons or certificates,
to contact the Ensemble Theatre office, which will remain open for the foreseeable future, at any of the numbers, email, or website listed below.

We want to express our deepest appreciation to all those who have supported
the theatre these many years, and especially these profoundly sad last few months. We will be very busy during this quiet time to rethink, reorganize, and reshape a new vision for the theatre that will brightly echo its Founder's dream.
We hope to present that echo to you, again in September, with a new 2009-10 coming season to celebrate our 30th Anniversary at the Cleveland Play House.

Ensemble Theatre of Cleveland
For The Board of Trustees
John Piety, President

Martin Cosentino