[NEohioPAL] Akron Film Festival and 48 Hour Video Challenge

Rob Lucas ja-cas at prodigy.net
Sun Mar 1 07:20:19 PST 2009

Hi everyone,

The sixth annual Akron Film Festival is coming up April 2-5 at the Akron Art Museum, but first we're going to have our second annual 48 Hour Video Challenge. From March 13-15, teams will again compete to make a short film in 48 hours based on given prompts. Audio-Technica (located in Stow!) has generously donated our first prize: a microphone and headphone set valued at over $700.

Two runner-up teams will receive ten tickets (per team) to the Cleveland International Film Festival, which starts on March 19th.

This week we’ll start taking registrations for the five free workshops that will take place during our festival (April 2-5), so look for another email about that. One workshop that is already available for registration is Kendra Minadeo’s “Cameraless Filmmaking,” which takes place BEFORE the fest, on March 21, at the Akron Art Museum. She’ll show you how to make a handmade film – without a camera, mind you – and the results will screen during the festival. Sign up for this one through the museum – check it out here.

See you soon,
AFF
www.akronfilmfestival.com