[NEohioPAL] children's chorus auditions for Opera Per Tutti's I Pagliacci

Andrea Anelli andreajanelli at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 5 13:24:52 PST 2009

CHILDREN’S CHORUS
AUDITIONS FOR  OPERA PER TUTTI’s and SOLON
CENTER FOR THE ARTS I PAGLIACCI

Through a grant generously
funded by Cuyahoga Arts and Culture, the 2008-09

Solon Center for the Arts and
Opera Per Tutti’s Season concludes with a fully-staged production of
Leoncavallo’s ”I Pagliacci” on May 15 and 17, 2009.

Children’s chorus auditions
for 5th grade
and older will be held on Tuesday,

April 7th beginning at 6:00 pm at Solon
Center for the Arts. Opera Per Tutti, a

professional company with its
name meaning ‘opera for all’ is looking to cast 10

children’s chorus parts. It
is an excellent opportunity for young singers to experience performing with
professional singers and orchestra and learn the beauty of the Italian
language.

Students are to be prepared
to sing one song of ‘classical’ musical style either

from a Broadway musical or a
simple art song. Singers are encouraged to bring their own accompanist. If an
accompanist is needed, you are to notify the receptionist at the time an
audition appointment is set.

Chorus rehearsals will begin
early April in preparation for staging rehearsals that

begin on April 28. Tech and
orchestra rehearsals begin on May 9. Performances are Friday, May 15 at 7:30 pm
and Sunday, May 17 at 3:00 pm. A complete schedule will be available at the
time of the audition. It is important that anyone who is auditioning has this
time available for the production.

Solon Center for the Arts is
located at 6315 SOM Center Road in Solon, Ohio.

For more information or to
schedule an audition, call (440) 337-1400.