[NEohioPAL] Question about the local/regional playwriting community

Michael A. Miller msrg-publications at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 6 10:13:41 PST 2009

Generally speaking, what is the playwriting community like around here?  We see a lot of stuff about serial webisodes, YouTube programming, and indie films.  But the only time I see anything about original stage scripts is when the usual couple/handful of local superstars get an original work produced.

 I just got a crazy idea, like, five minutes ago for something I'd like to produce but I don't know what the resources are hereabouts for obtaining original works---if there's enough talent and drive around here to collaborate with, or if I would have to draft something myself.

So, I guess, the question would be: Is anyone still writing for the stage, whether it's a script that you gave up on or are still developing or have placed in the hands of an agent, or is playwriting a lost art in these parts?  Or are announcements of original works plastered all over NEOhio-PAL and I 'm just not paying attention?

To keep NEOhio-PAL uncluttered, please reply to me at msrg-publications at earthlink.net.

I don't want Too  Much Information about what the premise of your script is, or where you're shopping it or anything too revealing about your project.  This is just a survey question to see how strong the pulse of the local playwriting community is.

Thanks awfully, as usual...

Michael A. Miller