[NEohioPAL] Fabric needed for good cause!

Paula Kampf ruahkampf at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 08:36:52 PDT 2009

Hello, theatre-friends!

Remember that bolt of fabric you THOUGHT you were going to use for a costume
but...well, for whatever reason, you ended up NOT using? That costume that
you THOUGHT was going to be one color, but ended up needing to be changed
even though you'd already gotten the fabric?

Well, I'm hoping to help you "spring clean" those fabrics AND help some
people who could really use it.

In my day-job as a Volunteer Coordinator for VNA Hospice, we have a small
group of wonderful, dedicated volunteers who give their time and talent by
sewing hospital gowns. These gowns are then donated to our hospice
patients--which truly is a gift of dignity and care for them during this
profoundly challenging part of their life-journey.

BUT: we need fabric to give to the volunteers so that they CAN sew these
gowns. It only takes 3.5 yards of fabric to make a gown, and I bet that many
of us who do stuff like sewing projects of our own, costumes for theatres,
sewing projects for schools, churches, etc, have access to at least SOME
fabric that could be put to good use this way.

So I'm writing this personal message in hopes that some of you are the ones
to connect in that "everything we really need is out there somewhere" kind
of way! I'm hoping that some of you have some fabric left over from a
project or a costume that you didn't finish or meant to get to or didn't end
up needing....or that you know someone who has fabric in that closet or
attic or backstage or something....

I'll be happy to figure out how to collect any fabric donations you can come
up with, and would be MOST grateful for any fabric donations (and/or ideas
of where to get fabric for this project) that any of you are able to share!

I can be reached at pkampf at vnacleveland.org or ruahkampf at gmail.com.

Thanks so much!