[NEohioPAL] Roxy's Newsletter 03-19-09

Debbie Born roxysreads at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 19 14:54:03 PDT 2009

Roxy's Reads and Remnants Newsletter

Hello again, everyone. Once again, here is the latest news and more from your favorite local bookstore, Roxy's Reads.

Our first monthly Flea Market
was a resounding success. Several customers brought in items to sell
and some of those items sold. Considering how fast a turnaround we had
from the initial idea to conception, it was an extremely satisfying
event.

Having said that, I will also mention that we found some things that
could be improved upon for the next show. The full rundown on the
improvements and changes will be on the website within the next day or
so, but for now:

    Everyone will get tables and pay a table fee. Three dollars
gets you a three foot table space, that you will share with another
person, while five dollars will get you a six foot table space all to
yourself. Of course you may pay an addition fee for extra tables.   You will still pay a 15% percent final sale fee for
items sold, but instead of taking it from your total sales, we will
subtract your table fee from your final sales before we deduct 15%. So
if you do well, you'll get your table fee back.

In other words (Your Sales-Table Fee)-15%=your profit. If you get a six
foot table for five dollars, and you sell 15 dollars worth of items,
your final sale fee will be $1.50 and your final profit will be $13..50.

If you sell less than what you paid in table fees, we keep the table
fee, but you don't have to pay out a final sale fee on what your sold.

    We will insist on sellers setting up between 11 and 12 on Saturday, or anytime Friday before the market.

    Seller can pick up items and money on the following Tuesday or later.

We will have limited space for next month's market, which is on
Saturday, April 11th from 12 to 4, so sign up now to get your space.
The sooner you sign up, the more we can promote your items right here
in the newsletter and on the website. Groups and organizations are
welcome to get a table to sell from, also.

Thanks again to everyone who participated.

Reminder: Marion L. Steele Alumnus Anita Wolfe will be at the store
Saturday March 21 from 1 to 4, signing, selling, and promoting her
first novel, A Calling To Love. Stop by, say hi, swap stories about the
Old Stone Methodist Church, Marching Band, and more. It's sure to be a
fun afternoon.

Also coming up in April

Saturday April 4: Mike Leuszler Art Program: Local artist and caricaturist
Mike Leuszler will be doing a program at the store where he will talk
about his artwork and what it is he does. He will also host a class or
two. Sign up at the store. Details will be on the website and at MikeTheArtGuy.com.

Saturday April 11 - 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Flea Market Sale: Our second monthly flea market. Six foot
tables are 5 dollars. Three foot tables are 3 bucks. Admission is FREE.
Sign up now to make sure that you get a space.

Saturday April 18 - 11 a.m. to noon: Bobbie Holliday Teen Yoga Class: Local author and yoga instructor Bobbie Holliday
hosts a Yoga class geared at teenagers. It's a great way to loosen up
and get in shape. No charge.

Saturday April 25: Artist Exhibition: We are in the process of looking for
some artists for a small exhibition. If you know of anyone, contact the
store with information.

Saturday April 25 - 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Holly McCain, Author of "Puppy Love" and "Brown Eyes" will be here to promote her books and possibly more.

And that's just for April. Once we get past Tax Day, the real fun begins..

Saturday, May 2 is Free Comic Book Day,
and to celebrate, we will be having a mini-comic book con event in the
store. Details will be available when they develop. If you know anyone
with a serious love of comics or manga, let them know about this event.

That's just a the tip of the iceburg. We've planned events all the way into June, including Mother's Day, Father's Day, Armed Forces Day and more! Be sure to keep your eye out for this newsletter for the scoop.

Until next week, see you in the stacks.

Mike Leuszler, store manager and resident drawer

Roxy's Reads and Remnants
Your Independent Book Store
Books, Gifts & Surprises
132 Park Avenue, Amherst, OH 44001