[NEohioPAL] Looking for Actors For An Established Comedic Web Series

Mike Polk mikegpolk at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 24 23:04:38 PDT 2009

Hey gang.  My name is Mike Polk and some friends and I produce a web series called "Man In The Box" that we tape right here in Cleveland.

We've been putting it out for a couple of years now and have done close to 100 episodes.  It's office-based humor and it has found a nice little niche on youtube.  We have about 30,000 subscribers and we get a lot of views.

Here are a couple of episodes that you can check out to give you an example of what we do:

MITB: Heather's Dog:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fs2pJIKkNo&feature=channel_page

MITB: Bill's Girlfriend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if30wF7ftKg&feature=channel_page

We are looking for some actors.  We have our core crew and are looking to expand a little bit.  We are currently looking for female performers because right now the cast is made up of about 10 guys and 1 girl, a ratio that I have been told is a bit unrealistic in an office environment.

So we are looking to cast a few girls.  Here's the low-down:

-We are primarily looking for actresses who are between the ages of about 21-35, but we are flexible.

-We are looking for fun people who don't take themselves to seriously. We are not putting on Othello, we're making wacky, two-minute web videos.

-We usually tape weeknights and at times on weekends.  Typically, you can count on the whole thing taking about two hours.  Then you're done.

-If you're interested, ideally, we'd love to see something that you've done.  It doesn't have to be anything grand or well-produced, just something that gives us a general idea about you.  If you have a link to some video, that would be awesome.

-We would like a head shot, and a brief rundown of some stuff you've done, particularly focusing on any comedic acting.

-You don't need a ton of experience or anything, so don't be shy if you're worried about that.

Please include any questions you have for us in your responses, and I'll be glad to answer them.

Thanks in advance all, and have a swell day.

Mike