[NEohioPAL] Threepenny Opera auditions April 3 & 4

Wanda Wareham WWareham at FineArtsAssociation.org
Wed Mar 25 13:55:21 PDT 2009

The Fine Arts Association

announces auditions for

The Threepenny Opera
Book and Lyrics by Bertolt Brecht
Music by Kurt Weill
English Adaptation by Mark Blitzstein

Directed by James Mango

Auditions Dates
Friday, Apr. 3 from 6:00-9:00 p.m. and
Saturday, Apr. 4 from 1:00-5:00 p.m.

(Callbacks-Apr. 5 from 5:00-9:00 p.m.)

at The Fine Arts Association
38660 Mentor Avenue, Willoughby, Ohio 44094

Requirements
Appointment Needed
Call Ann Hedger at 440-951-7500 x103 to sign up for an appointment (1/2
hour slots in groups of six)
- Prepare a one minute monologue and a short song
- Come dressed for movement.
- Bring sheet music in the proper key.
- An accompanist will play for all auditioners.
This production is in cabaret format.  Performers should be aware that
intimate sincerity and interactivity with the audience
are significant aspects of both casting and performance.

Casting Information
No additional AEA contracts are available for this production.
- Women and Men ages 18 and up
- The roles of The Streetsinger and Macheath have been pre-cast.
- All other roles available.

Rehearsals Begin
April 20 - 7:00 p.m.

Performance Dates
May 29, 30, June 5, 6, 12, and 13 at 7:30 p.m. and May 31, June 7, and
14 at 2:00 p.m.

in the Corning Auditorium at The Fine Arts Association
38660 Mentor Avenue, Willoughby, Ohio   44094

About the show:
Is it Opera? Is it Musical Theatre?  Yes.  It is one of the most
important works in both music and theatre of the 20th Century, and it
still has resonance and entertainment value today.  Weill and Brecht
brilliantly question our values, our heroes, and our humanity while
hitting us over the head with the velvet hammer of beautiful music.