[NEohioPAL] Casting two actresses - need by April - please read all!

xin xin xinxin5 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 27 04:05:35 PDT 2009

The short film is about two sisters. One is older and has taken on the responsibilities of a mother towards her younger sister. She does this at a detriment to her own art career. She is torn between the life she leads and the life she wishes to lead.
The younger sister has been through a rape and is emotionally distant…or she pretends to be. While her older sister is taking care of her, she begins to play victim because she likes the attention.
This comes to a head during an interview for a job that the older sister could benefit from if she wasn’t playing mommy. Following the interview, she discovers her sister is playing her the fool. She returns home an emotional mess, yet unwilling to change things.
That’s it, although I have a happy ending I may like to shoot.

Three roles – The sisters and the interviewer. However, the interviewer is last on my list. The sisters are first. I have been finding the right two VERY difficult.

Physically the young sister character is:
19-21ish
Good looking waif.
Sensitive and delicate.
You should:
Have studied some acting.
Knows how to light a cigarette and smoke it.
Can remember lines - will come prepared.
You're playing a leeching younger sister who is eye candy for half the movie.
Be comfortable in boxers and a tee shirt. You’re character is sensual and sexy.
We will see your feet - have nice feet.
What she’s about – even though she is quiet during most of the film, the film rides on her silence, her sensitivity, and her mystery. Even though she is quiet, when she speaks – it has great impact. Think of her like a piece of glass about to break, a sky that is just about to rain, or a rainbow that may possibly form.
Physically the older sister is :
22 to 24.
Good looking. Emotional and sensitive.
She cries twice. You must be able to cry within five minutes of when required.
The older sister is a painter. She is a go-getter, emotional, not very reflective, and she often seems like she is on the verge of drowning. She is torn between taking care of her sister and participating in the art world. She is not a waif, but heavier - more substantial - maybe built like a dancer. She may wear glasses. She is usually dressed with her hair back – or short, with a wife beater or tee-shirt, and jeans that she paints in…or a corporate interview outfit.
She has far more lines, a lot of physical movement. She carries herself a little like a tomboy. The last actress in this role I invested time in to show her how to paint – so don’t worry. She is angry, frustrated, upset, and on the verge of an outburst. She doesn't like anyone telling her what to do.
This will be shot on the Eastside, in an apartment near Cedar-Lee. Besides myself, there will sometimes be a P.A., a soundman, the other actors and so forth. If you chose to bring a friend – that’s fine. This is a residential building in a nice neighborhood.
I am shooting from April 3rd to April 13th.
This is for pay. Most of the money will be paid upon completion.
You should send me a head shot. It is important to match actresses as sisters.
You must meeting with me by April 2nd. If it looks good, I will give you a script.
Important! You will have to sign a video release agreement with me upon meeting me.