[NEohioPAL] 04/06/09 - SEAN PRATT PRESENTS HIS WEEKLY ARTICLE ON THE BUSINESS OF THE BIZ

seanpratt at comcast.net seanpratt at comcast.net
Sun Apr 5 10:35:03 PDT 2009

The Actor’s Headshot – Alternate Advertising Uses For Your Picture

The first rule of actor marketing is that your picture must be on everything you send out. It’s not just for resumes anymore.

Show business is primarily a visual medium.  When we think of a particular actor, a certain scene in a film or even a piece of dialogue our mind’s eye immediately recalls what we saw and how we felt about that actor/character or moment in the story.  Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight - the opening scene in Apocalypse Now - “I made him an offer he couldn’t refuse.”  You see all these things in context and have a specific response to them.  The same is true with how casting directors, agents and producers think and feel about an actor when they look at their headshot or see them in their mind’s eye.

To read the rest of this article go to: http://playwrights.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_actors_headshot

Sean Pratt has been a professional actor for more than 20 years and teaches classes, provides career coaching as well as other products and services related to the Biz. www.seanprattpresents.com

Every week he publishes an article on the Business of the BIZ for http://www.suite101.com/ The world's most comprehensive independent online magazine: written and edited by professionals, trusted by over twelve million monthly readers!