[NEohioPAL] Cassidy Theatre goes green with A YEAR WITH FROG AND TOAD

Cassidy Theatre cassidytheatre at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 6 07:44:50 PDT 2009

Cassidy Theatre________________________
                                                                                    Press Release
	Contact:   Sarah Clare Artistic Director
	                Cassidy Theatre, 6200 Pearl Road, Parma Heights, OH  44130
 		     (440) 842-4600
		     www.cassidytheatre.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 6, 2009

CASSIDY THEATRE GOES GREEN WITH A YEAR WITH FROG AND TOAD
In an effort to promote environmentally friendly practices, the Staff of the Cassidy Theatre has expanded their green practices for their upcoming production of A Year With Frog and Toad. The set will be constructed by reusing lumber and set pieces from previous productions.  While this is a normal practice for the theatre, the set design for A Year With Frog and Toad was designed with this fact in mind. Many of the costumes have been seen in other Cassidy plays, but are making a reappearance in A Year With Frog and Toad with a re-imagined purpose.  Other elements of the costumes have been thrifted from local Goodwill and Salvation Army locations. The green movement has received a lot of attention lately and Artistic Director of the Cassidy Theatre, Sarah Clare could not be happier. “Not only is it the responsible thing for our business, but it makes sense economically. We will continue to look at our daily practices to see what we can to do reduce our carbon footprint and create a sustainable environment for our future generations.” Sarah admits there is much more to do but she said any theatre can make small changes to help reduce, reuse, and recycle. The theatre recently reduced the amount of wasted paper by switching to a computerized ticketing program, reusing fax cover letters and turning used paper into scrap and memo pads. They also recycle paper and ink cartridges. Cassidy theatre hopes to expand their efforts to continue to be green in future shows.

OUR PRODUCTION:
The Story- Arnold Lobel's well-loved characters hop from the page to the stage in Robert and Willie Reale's musical A Year With Frog and Toad. A Year With Frog and Toad remains true to the spirit of the original stories as it follows two great friends, Frog and Toad, through four fun-filled seasons learning life lessons along the way.  This jazzy musical bubbles with melody and wit, and is perfect for everyone in the family. A Year with Frog and Toad is inventive, exuberant and totally enchanting. A great family friendly musical!

A Year with Frog and Toad will run April 17 through May 3, Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 3 p.m. at the Cassidy Theatre, 6200 Pearl Rd. Parma Hts.
Tickets are $20 for adults and $15 for students and seniors and can be purchased by calling the Cassidy box office at (440) 842-4600.

Directed/ Choreographed by: Sarah Clare
Music Direction by: Heidi Herczeg
Starring:
Eric Fancher as Frog
Andrew Parmelee as Toad
Jennifer Nageotte as Turtle
Codie Higer as Mouse
Zachary DeNardi as Snail

The Cassidy Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture.
FOR INFORMATION CALL: The Cassidy Theatre Box Office at 440-824-4600