[NEohioPAL] Green Volunteers needed! musicians as well.

Green Rock greenrockfestival at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 08:24:53 PDT 2009

The first annual Green Rock Music Festival is looking for volunteers for the event on May 16th at the silos.

The Green Rock Music Festival is the project of Matthew Baldauf and Christina Vasquez.  The purpose is to raise funds to promote environmental awareness, education, and conservation while entertaining people in the most ecologically responsible way possible. The Green Rock Music Festival is part of an Ecology class project at Lorain County Community College, but we hope that it will become an annual event.
 This year we are raising funds to create an educational ecology program for the children at Camp I.D.E.A.S., a local summer camp for children with special needs.  Our plans to develop the program include purchasing several ‘grow labs’ to enable the children to learn about the growing process of plants by nurturing their own vegetable plants, and teaching the importance of recycling and composting in preserving the natural world around us. The remaining proceeds will go back into the service learning projects at LCCC which will continue ecology projects for years to come.
The Green Rock Music Festival will feature bands and musicians in a variety of styles and genres, from alternative to some light metal.  Our ‘celebrity guest’ will be Recycle Man of The Recycle Man Show (www.youtube.com/therecyclemanshow).The festival will run from about 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and concessions will be available throughout the day.  We’ve invited a caricature artist to the event, and anticipate him and several of our sponsors setting up small booths.  Our goal is to have about 300 people in attendance at any given time, free to come and go throughout the day.  Admission will be very low-cost and last for the entire day.

Interested in more information? give us an e-mail at greenrockfestival at yahoo.com, find us on myspace or facebook. or call us at 440-653-7708 or 440-522-4061

Bands interested in performing need to contact us ASAP booking is almost complete.