[NEohioPAL] So, there are lots of Odd Couples out there...

Noah Budin nbudin at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 7 13:53:33 PDT 2009

It seems that every local theater and its brother (or whatever) is doing some kind of production of The Odd Couple by Neil Simon. "Hmmm, which one should I see?" you're saying to yourself. (Go ahead. Say it. I'll wait.)

I'm sure they're all good. But here are 16 reasons to see FPAC's (The Fairmount Performing Arts Conservatory) inaugural professional production:

§       Noah Budin shaved off his beard and you won’t believe what was under there.

§       We want your money. Seriously. This is our inaugural production and you should support the arts, especially local businesses. It’s good for the economy and the region.

§       We’ve suffered for our art. Now it’s your turn.

§       Oscar, Felix and the Pigeon sisters all strip…and refinish the coffee table.

§       Brian Zoldessy plays totally against type by portraying the neurotic, obsessive/compulsive, anal-retentive…ok, never mind.

§       Fake cigars. Real smoke.

§       It’s better than watching Cliff Lee give up seven runs in five innings.

§       New staging concept: Greek tragedy in the Old West.

§       Lebron James makes an appearance (in the NBA playoffs. What did you think?)

§       The set has been constructed completely out of leftover Matzah and Peeps.

§       Features music by the rap duo Matza and Peeps.

§       If you come, the Browns will go to the Super Bowl. If they can get tickets.

§       It’s in Mayfield Heights , the theatrical hub of the universe.

§       Scott Hankins comes out of “retirement” for his first stage appearance in 18 years (for FPAC’s inaugural professional production!) and discovers that, for him, acting is like riding a bike: he runs out of breath, can’t keep up with the younger actors, and falls down a lot.

§       Neil Simon is no Dave Coulier, but he’s still pretty funny.

§       The cost of a ticket is cheaper than a pound of lox. And - I did the math – that works out to about 14.5 cents per laugh.

For tickets and reservations call 440-338-3171

For information on the web go to:
http://www.fredsternfeld.com/oddcouple.htm
The Fairmount Performing Arts Conservatory
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=50703096842