[NEohioPAL] Cleveland Play House memories

Hariet Deveto hdv at neohio.twcbc.com
Wed Apr 15 09:07:26 PDT 2009

I, too have memories to share about the Cleveland Play House.  I was a Curtain Puller many, many years ago and was fortunate enough to represent the CPH as head of their Speakers' Bureau (a group of  former Curtain Pullers trying to hang on) which was a short lived promotion group.  Then in 2001  I was fortunate enough to play a small role in "The Guardsman" with Andrew May and Christa Moore. I turned professional for 13 years until I realized that the desire to perform was more important that having that "Equity" label on my resume.  I am still very active in Akron area theater after performing from New York to California, the love of which started at the CPH and will last until I draw my final breath on stage (or so my daughter prophesies). I can't believe that they are thinking of leaving that beautiful theater, a real jewel in Cleveland's rusty crown. Is nothing sacred?  Alas and sigh!  Harriet DeVeto