[NEohioPAL] convergence-continuum presents THE MINEOLA TWINS

csimon at convergence-continuum.org csimon at convergence-continuum.org
Thu Apr 16 13:07:53 PDT 2009

CONVERGENCE-CONTINUUM LAUNCHES ITS 2009 SEASON WITH “THE MINEOLA TWINS”

Playwright Paula Vogel describes THE MINEOLA TWINS as “a comedy in six
scenes, four dreams, and (at least) six wigs.”    Well, we're up to 15 of
them, and the wigs and costumes are flying furiously as our cast of four
quick-changes their way through a madcap series of characters and decades.

One actress plays both Myra and Myrna, the almost identical twins.
(Myra’s flat as a pancake; Myrna's stacked.) Starting out as a zany take
on those '50s teenage chick-exploitation flicks that pit the “good girl”
against the “bad girl,” the play follows the twins as they battle each
other through high school in the 1950’s right up to the culture wars of
the‘90’s over virginity, Vietnam, Family Values –- and dirty socks.

THE MINEOLA TWINS runs Thu-Sat through May 2 at the Liminis, 2438 Scranton
Rd. in Cleveland’s historic Tremont neighborhood.  All shows are at 8 pm.
Tickets are $15 general admission, $12 students/seniors (65+). For
information and reservations call 216-687-0074 or visit
http://www.convergence-continuum.org.