[NEohioPAL] Cleveland Play House (history)

Christopher Fortunato learnedhand at live.com
Tue Apr 14 07:38:08 PDT 2009

I saw John Buck in Richard III back in 1975 or so.  I think the late Marj Dodrill was in that cast as well. When I was in junior and senior high school they only had the Drury and the Brooks for performances.  We saw all our plays in the Drury and I loved it.

Wayne Turney did one hell of a turn as Harry Truman in "Give em Hell Harry" a few seasons back at Actors Summit before he left Cleveland.

I can imagine Phillip Johnson pulling something like that.  He was a fussy old man who was probably not really cared for by our conservative establishment notwithstanding his sister, Jeannette Dempsey (I believe) was a grand dame of the community having married a high placed corporate lawyer.