[NEohioPAL] THE ALCHEMIST---April 23rd thru May 3rd at Cleveland State University!!!

Denise Astorino denise.astorino at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 09:49:51 PDT 2009

*CLEVELAND** STATE UNIVERSITY** DRAMATIC ARTS DEPARTMENT*

*Immediate Release: April 20th 2009
             Contact:  Denise Astorino*

*Phone: (216)687-2113
         Email:*theatre at csuohio.edu

  *Cleveland** State University**’s Dramatic Arts Program*

proudly presents

Ben Jonson’s

THE ALCHEMIST

Directed by Dr. Michael Mauldin

April 23rd thru May 3rd

Thursday- Saturdays at 8pm and Sundays at 3pm

$10 general admission and $5 for students, senior (55+) and faculty & staff

Box office: 216.687.2109

CSU Factory Theatre

Parking on street is free.  Parking in lot S1 is $6.00

East 24th Street between Chester & Payne Avenues

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

*“**Fortune, that favors fools.”*

*—*Ben Johnson**

* *

*Amplify Your Life!  Scientifically Proven, Doctor Endorsed!--   No matter
how many diets you've tried before!-- Breakfast of Champions!--  Lose weight
without really trying! Where's the Beef?--   A Diamond is Forever!--   Don't
leave home without it!!--    I'm not just the president...I'm also a client!
*

Sound familiar?  Well..way before infomercials and the amazing invention of
the Snuggy, Ben Johnson’s THE ALCHEMIST shared a secret with the audience…If
it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. We follow the schemes of a
trio of con-artists: Face, Doll and Subtle who hold court in Face’s absent
master’s house.  The three lure one fortune seeker after another into the
house and show them a world where your heart’s desire is possible…for the
right price.  The seekers run the gamut from virtuous to gluttonous, but all
with a common bond: to obtain the fabled “Philosopher’s Stone” and succeed
in making their wishes come true.  Imagine the chaos that ensues as these
hustlers pull one scheme after another, playing a different character at the
drop of a hat, and having to think on their feet to keep the game from
falling apart. Now…on top of all of that…add an unexpected return of the
master of the house!

THE ALCHEMIST is directed by Dr. Michael Mauldin, Director of the Dramatic
Arts Program at Cleveland State University.  Dr. Mauldin, who has been the
head of the department for ( ) years has also directed such productions as:
*She Stoops To Conquer,  The Robber Bridegroom and The Laramie Project. *The
production features phenomenal costumes by local designer Alison Garrigan,
innovative set design by Don McBride, and lighting design by CSU student
Chris Carter.  Also featured are CSU acting students:  Randy Muchowski, Eric
Perusek, Stephanie Wilbert, Benjamin Gates, Jack Matuszweki, Justin Steck,
Katherine Wells, Stephen Farkas, Lew Wallace, Michael Laurenty, Denise
Astorino and Val Kozlenko.

--
I will not be just a tourist in the world of images, just watching images
passing by which I cannot live in, make love to, possess as permanent