[NEohioPAL] Copley High School Presents... Smokey Joe's Cafe. Apr 30- May 3!!

Adrienne Scott drien.scov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 10:42:37 PDT 2009

*Copley-Fairlawn High School Presents its Spring Production, Smokey Joe’s
Cafe.*
            Copley-Fairlawn High School is proud to present its swingin’
spring production of *Smokey Joe’s Cafe* on April 30, May 1 and 2, at 7:30
p.m. and May 3 at 2:30 p.m. in the Copley High School Auditorium located
at 3807 Ridgewood Rd, Copley, OH 44321. Copley-Fairlawn City Schools prides
itself on the educational and creative opportunities provided for our
students and the community.
           The talented CHS students groove and croon to the hit songs of
Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller in the musical theatre revue, *Smokey Joe’s
Cafe, *with Musical Direction by Copley High School Choir Teacher, Basil
Kochan, and Choreography by The University of Akron Graduate Student,
Adrienne Scott.  *Smokey Joe's Café* is a musical homage to songwriters
Jerry Lieber and Mike Stoller, who composed chart-topping hits for The
Coasters, Elvis Presley, Ben E. King, and other legendary artists. Some of
their well-known songs featured in the musical include "Hound Dog," "Yakety
Yak," "Poison Ivy," "Charlie Brown," "On Broadway," "Love Potion No. 9,"
"Stand by Me," and many more. Come rock and roll with the cool cats of
Copley High School!
            Admission is $7 for general admission and $5 for senior citizens
and students. Tickets can be purchased at the box office one hour before
each performance. For more information email Adrienne Scott at
ams200 at uakron.edu.

** Also, we are looking for 16 black cafe chairs for our production. If you
would like to let us borrow these chairs for the week of April 27, 2009.
Please email Adrienne Scott at ams200 at uakron.edu. Thank you for your
help!**