[NEohioPAL] 'Grease' Auditions, 80th Season Announcement and more! May e-News from Chagrin Valley Little Theatre

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Fri May 1 11:48:37 PDT 2009

    *Chagrin Valley Little Theatre*

    _May 2009 e-News_

    * *Performances & Events in May:*
          o /Duck Hunter Shoots Angel / (NOW - May 16)
          o /Almost, Maine / (NOW - May 2)
    * *Other CVLT News* (details below):
          o Our /80th Season/ has been announced!
          o Auditions for /Grease/ (May 11/12)
          o Summer Youth Theater Sessions announced
          o Write your own theater review at CVLT.org
    * On Facebook? Become a Fan of CVLT!
      <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chagrin-Falls-OH/Chagrin-Valley-Little-Theatre/12134459483?ref=cvlt.org>
    * Coming in June... /Perfect Wedding
      <http://cvlt.org/79thSeason/perfectwedding.php>/

      _Performances in May _

    */Duck Hunter Shoots Angel
    <http://www.cvlt.org/79thSeason/duckhunter.php>
    /NOW through May 16, 2009
    Fridays/Saturdays at 8 PM*

Directed by Robert McCoy

The Ohio Premiere of a comedy from Mitch Albom, author of /Tuesdays with
Morrie/ and /The Five People You Meet in Heaven/

Two bungling Alabama brothers think they've shot an angel, not a duck,
while hunting in the swampy southern woods. A cynical tabloid reporter
and his unwilling photographer are sent to cover the story but think
there might be something to it when they find feathers, a wing, and a
tiara at the scene. Throw in a shopgirl at the local Gasmart, a
half-man/half-alligator, and a ghost, and you have a classic "culture
clash" comedy bearing a love story, sibling rivalry, yellow journalism,
and ultimately a heartfelt message.

"Wildly entertaining... this CVLT production thrives... a testimony to
why this community theater has been identified as one of the best in the
area." -- Bob Abelman, The News-Herald

*Tickets:* $14 regular / $10 for students and seniors.

Purchase online 24/7 at www.cvlt.org/79thSeason/duckhunter.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/79thSeason/duckhunter.php>
or call the Box Office at 440-247-8955 between 1 and 6 PM, Mon-Sat.

    */Almost, Maine <http://www.cvlt.org/79thSeason/almostmaine.php>
    /NOW through May 2, 2009
    Friday/Saturday at 8 PM*

Directed by David Malinowski

Spring is in the air here in Cleveland, but in the mythical town of
/Almost, Maine/, the residents are still fighting the cold. As the
northern lights hover in the star-filled sky above, Almost's residents
find themselves falling in and out of love in unexpected and often
hilarious ways. Knees are bruised. Hearts are broken. But the bruises
heal, and the hearts mend -- almost -- in this delightful midwinter
nights' dream written by John Cariani, best known as CSU Tech 'Julian
Beck' on the television show Law & Order.

Audiences are treated to nine quirky, romantic vignettes exploring the
impact of love on our lives. All 19 characters in these pieces are
played by four actors - Chuck Matthews, Maggie Leach, Natalie Dolezal
and Jon Gellott. Almost, Maine uses a "magical realism" style, where
everything is realistic except for the one magical moment which seems to
fit in seamlessly. The result is an enchanting and whimsical evening
that will help take that last chill Winter off of your heart on your way
into Spring!

*Tickets:* $8 all seats
/at CVLT's River Street Playhouse
56 River Street /

Purchase online 24/7 at www.cvlt.org/79thSeason/almostmaine.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/79thSeason/almostmaine.php>
or call the Box Office at 440-247-8955 between 1 and 6 PM, Mon-Sat.

      _Other CVLT News_

*CHAGRIN VALLEY LITTLE THEATRE'S 80th SEASON*
CVLT, one of the oldest community theatres in the country, is pleased to
announce its 'Ruby Jubilee' 80th Season, with a dozen plays and seven
special events, including a concert version of /Man of La Mancha/, full
stagings of /Annie/ and /Forever Plaid/, as well as the Ohio community
theatre premiere of Mel Brooks' /The Producers/! See a complete season
listing at www.cvlt.org/80thSeason/index.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/80thSeason/index.php> and keep your eyes peeled for
details on our /unbelievable/ 80th Season Subscription packages!

*AUDITIONS FOR /GREASE/ *
Director Pamela LaForce will be holding auditions for the musical
/Grease/ on May 11 and 12 at the theatre. The play runs July 24 - Aug
22. Seeking strong singer/dancer/actors age 18 or older. Please prepare
2 contrasting vocal selections, 32 bars each. Bring sheet music in
correct key. Be prepared to read from the script and dance. Also, May
audition details for CVLT's /10-10 Festival of One-Acts/ to be posted
soon at www.cvlt.org/auditions.php <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php>.

*SUMMER YOUTH THEATRE SESSIONS*
Summer Sessions for our Youth Theatre program are now open for
registration. Grades 3 - 12 June 15-27 and July 13-24 (2 week sessions),
Grades 1 and 2 July 13-Aug 1 (3 week session) . All sessions culminate
with a performance. See complete details at www.cvlt.org/youth.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/youth.php>.

*WRITE YOUR OWN REVIEWS *
Just saw a show at CVLT? We want to know what you think! We have added a
'post a review' section at the bottom of each show page on www.cvlt.org
<http://www.cvlt.org> where you can submit your own review or comments
about the show. This is something of an 'experiment', but if it proves
popular, more new features are sure to follow!

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022 *

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture and is supported by the Ohio
Arts Council