[NEohioPAL] May Terror at the Maltz!

Lynda Bender lbender at mmjh.org
Mon May 4 07:33:40 PDT 2009

DON'T MISS

THE EMEMY WITHIN: TERROR IN AMERICA

>From Revolutionary times to slavery and westward expansion; through the
war years to Communism and the bombing of the Oklahoma City Federal
Building; to the tragedies of 9/11; this fascinating exhibition exposes
hate, radicalism, extremism and terrorism and explores the balance
between national security and constitutional rights.

NOW ON EXHIBITION AT THE MALTZ MUSEUM OF JEWISH HERITAGE

2929 Richmond Road, Beachwood

Free admission Saturdays through May 30!

For more information or to order tickets to any of our special programs,
please call 216-593-0575

Performance: Unlikely Heroes-The Amazing, True Stories of Three Jewish
Women Spies

Wednesday, May 6

7pm

$15/$12 members

Palestine on the threshold of the First World War! France invaded by
Nazi Germany! The newborn state of Israel threatened by Arab nations!
Elaine Rembrandt's one-woman show celebrates the fascinating stories of
three women spies who put themselves in harm's way for the Jewish
people.

Guest Lecture: Peter Earnest Spy Museum Director and former CIA
Operative

Wednesday, May 20

7pm

$15/$12 members

Peter Earnest, former CIA operative and Executive Director of the
International Spy Museum, talks about the development of The Enemy
Within exhibition with emphasis on what's changed in our nation since
the exhibition was created, recent highlights and the relevance for our
country today, particularly for the FBI and CIA. Mr. Earnest's
thirty-six year career includes over twenty years in the Agency's
Clandestine Service, where he was awarded the Medal of Merit for
"superior performance" throughout his career.

Panel Discussion: Our Own Backyard: Terrorism in Northeast Ohio

Wednesday May 27

7pm

$10/$8 members

A cache of weapons and explosives is found in a storage locker in
Bedford; anti-war protestors target a Cleveland art treasure; a bomber
terrorizes the schoolchildren of Beachwood. Hear the inside story from
law enforcement officials who investigated these and other terrorist
crimes in our community. Speakers include United States Marshal Peter J.
Elliott, Assistant United States Attorney Justin Herdman, retired Police
Chief Edward Kovacic and FBI Special Agent Mike Maltbie.  The discussion
will be moderated by Eric Wellman, host of Morning Edition on WCPN.