[NEohioPAL] GET IN THE GUTTER WEDNESDAY!

Oddy Festival oddyfest at gmail.com
Mon May 4 16:09:51 PDT 2009

Join OddyFest this Wednesday nite (5/6) at 7:30 at Heights Arts Studio (2340
Lee Road) for a bawdy evening of music and theatre!  Come walk the dirty
side-- you won't regret it.  Well, unless you sit in the splash zone...
NEOhioPAL folks get in for HALF-PRICE (all of $5)!!

*In the Gutter: The NINTH ODDY FEST SHOW*

* *

*Pre-show music featuring the return of “Hamilton’s Revenge!”*

As a way of warming audiences up to this style of theatre, the latest number
from OddyFest’s house band features f-bombing of atomic proportions.

* *

*“The Elephant” by Ian Adler*

*In the tradition of the ancient Greek playwright Aristophanes, and
recognizing the 50th anniversary of the “obscene” **Cleveland
Heights**screening that resulted in the Jacobellis “I know it when I
see it” Supreme
Court decision in 1964, OddyFest presents a bawdy political work filled with
obscene scenes and characters. We’ll see if audiences still know it when
they see it a half-century later…*

It shouldn’t be too hard:

This satire of political parties and the search for

meaning is filled with vulgar language and suggestive situations.*

*Plus: A monologue inspired by Aristophanes’ “Peace”*

* *

*Two shows only!*

* *

*Odd Wednesdays of May: May 6 / May 20*

* *

*BOTH SHOWS START AT 7:30 P.M.*

*(doors open at 7:15)*

* *

*HEIGHTS ARTS STUDIO*

*2340 Lee Road (across the bridge)*

*(on the west side of the Cleveland Heights Library)*

* *

*ALL TICKETS $10**!*

* *

**For mature audiences (18 years and older) only.*

* *

***Mention NEOhioPAL and get in for half-price ($5)!*

--
Matt Greenfield
The Oddy Festival
oddyfest at gmail.com