[NEohioPAL] Cuyahoga County Commissioner/Karamu House Board Member, Peter Lawson Jones & Karamu House Artistic Director Terrence Spivey Selected for " Celebrating Fathers in our Community Calendar Release Show, 2009 on June 17th

performingarts at karamu.com performingarts at karamu.com
Fri May 8 19:49:17 PDT 2009

Cuyahoga County Commissioner/Karamu House Board Member, Peter Lawson Jones
& Karamu House Artistic Director Terrence Spivey Selected for "
Celebrating Fathers in our Community Calendar Release Show, 2009 on June
17th

For Immediate Release   Attention: Media Desk

Local Promotions Company Honors Black Fathers in our Community

Year after year, mothers are spotlighted and celebrated specifically
during the month of May, in honor of Mother’s Day. It has been observed
that fathers, namely Black fathers have been perceived and labeled as
“dead beats” and “absent”.  We would like to not only dispel this
stereotype, but also bring directly to the public’s eye several Black
fathers and leaders who “do away” with this myth. There are strong,
productive, loving fathers right here living and breathing under our noses
and we intend to reveal them to the city in a 12 month honorary calendar,
and to award them with recognition at a celebration event in honor of
Father’s Day 2009, and after year thereafter! The event: “Basheer Jones &
UndergroundKweens2U, Celebrating Fathers in our Community Calendar Release
Show, 2009” to be held on June 17, 2009 in downtown Cleveland at Earth
Nightclub, promptly at 7PM.

Purpose/Mission: To recognize and honor fathers in our own community in
the areas of leadership, empowerment, change, and positivity in our local
community as well as in their family structure.  To introduce the efforts
and accomplishments of these respected men to our local audience.  To
display each individual in a twelve month calendar that will spotlight the
men along with their children [if possible] and an original work from a
local artist will accompany the photograph for the calendar for a
particular month.  To honor the selected men at the actual event, at which
time we would delighted and honored to have a few words to be delivered on
behalf of the event.  To spotlight a local father that will be nominated
and selected as “Cleveland’s Finest” Dad and Leader 2009

“I believe that this event will not only spotlight and expose the great
black men that are breaking records and destroying stereotypes, but it
will also empower, uplift, and hopefully unify black men, young and old in
our very own community. I want each and every person in attendance to walk
away with a sense of accomplishment and/or encouragement!” – Lisa Zaid
[CEO, UndergroundKweens2U, LLC]

Confirmed Honorees include: Cuyahoga County Commissioner, Peter Lawson
Jones, B.R.I.C.K Program’s Timothy Roberts, Karamu House’s Terrence
Spivey, Radio One’s Basheer Jones, ESP Enterprises’ d.Lorand, ChiefRocka
Entertainment’s Q-Nice, Horizon Science Academy’s Wayne Wilson, Cleveland
Fire Fighter Jamel Perrin, Cleveland Police Officers Reginald Smith Sr.
and Shawn Smith Sr., and many more!

Photographer:
McKinley “Rocket” Wiley
Insidemyself.photoreflect.com