[NEohioPAL] Voice Over Class - Monday's May 25-July 13 -- 2 Openings

Jean Zarzour lipschtick at lipschtick.com
Wed May 13 22:50:34 PDT 2009

2 Openings on
MONDAYS, 6-9pm 5/25-7/13
(the next class will run July 20-September 7. The same details apply)

Here's What's New:
Jean Zarzour has been hired to coach advocates of
AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland!

&
The first  Find Your Voice & Market  It! Seminar
at Donna Belajac Casting in Pittsburgh was a great success!
Below are just a few responses from 4 of 10 attendees.

"I LOVED this seminar! I never realized how much was involved in the process
of the Voice Over Business, let alone what  there is to learn about actually
doing the work! Jean provided every detail and answered every question with
handouts to support what we were learning. I was even more impressed with
the extra material she emailed us the next day. She cares about this
business and it shows."

"Thanks Jean. I learned more than I ever expected! Now I just have to
actually learn VO skills and I'll have all the tools I need."

"Jean was a blast and so generous with her knowledge. It was an added
pleasure to meet Donna Belajac and get her take from the Casting
Agent...OOPS...I mean Casting Director side! There is a difference and now I
know it."

"This seminar really got me excited about taking Jean's class. Her passion,
knowledge and encouragement when I went to the mic, gave me the confidence
that I could actually do this...be a Voice Over actor and business owner.
Scary but exciting!"

This seminar is coming to Cleveland 1-5pm Saturday, July 11

Scroll down for information about the next class in Cleveland
Monday's 6-9pm May 25-July 13

Click Below To Hear Find Your Voice Student Recordings
http://www.mssclient.com/zarzour/

Success Stories from former students who Found Their Voice:
"You may recall that during one of my last coaching sessions, I practiced
from a noir book that I was going to record for Wonder Audiobooks, and you
gave me some great tips.  Well, last week I submitted the first four
chapters.  The publisher said, and I quote, they were "kick ass!"  Thought
you'd like to hear about the results of your coaching.   Thanks again! "
Bill Coon, Private Client 11/2008
"I just did an Industrial VO for a hospital--good fun.  Yes,  I was smiling
when I spoke!" -  Maryann Graziano, 11/2007 Class in Pittsburgh
"Just had to tell you... Had my first voice over job last week (actually
turned into two jobs) and received my  check yesterday for $1000!
 Thanks!" - Susan  M. Wagner, 5/2008 class
"I'm doing the TV Voice Over for the current school system's levy campaign.
Will be heard on Cable TV throughout Parma, Parma Heights and Seven Hills.
Your coaching was right there with me.  Thanks! I'll be back for the winter
or spring class." - Gary Maurer, 9/2007 & 1/2008  Class
"I am the new afternoon DJ on 91.5 FM & streaming at WKHR.org!" - James
McCormack, 11/2006 Class & Demo Client
"Your class gave me the confidence to audition for a voice over needing a
Leslie Neilsen impersonation. 2 lines, and I got $200! Thanks, Jean!!" -
Greg  Uterhark 7/2008  Class
"Just received my first voice over job since taking my first voice over
class at Find Your Voice- Voice Over Institute.  I'll be doing a weekly
podcast on AIRS - LA, an internet based radio station out of Los Angeles
California.  I just received confirmation today that I got the gig...
woohoo!!!"  Deborah Akbar 7/2008 class

Find Your Voice - Voice Over Institute
Is Celebrating 2 Years & 2 Locations
(Lakewood, Oh & Pittsburgh, PA)

Call 216-521-3831 to register

 Click here for Pittsburgh class info
Friday's June 5-July 24

Thank You to the 237 Find Your Voice students
for the hard work and commitment you've invested toward your future.
It's been my honor to work with you.

Now You Can
Find Your Voice!

Learn all of the technique and gain real world experience

toward becoming a working voice over artist with

Jean Zarzour & George Sipl Studios

Who?

Jean Zarzour  is a 25 year, veteran performer and instructor of:

Voice Overs, Film, TV & Stage Acting, Dance, Movement & Improv at:

Playhouse Sq. Center, The Beck Center, Brecksville's Theater On The Sq.,

Wake Up & Live/Actors Studio, and for 2 years in London, England & Milan,
Italy.

She has appeared in a feature films with Seth Rogen, Joe Pesci,
Mercedes Ruehl, Clint Howard, James Coburn, Rob Lowe and
on America's Funniest People and Candid Camera.
Off-Broadway credits include Nuts, Scapino, A Midsummer Night's Dream,
and two years in Menopause: The Musical, nationally.
You've heard her as a morning drive-time sidekick on WLTF, WZAK & WMMS

in addition to voicing hundreds of commercials and industrials,
internationally.

Jean is coaching advocates of AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland

and will appear in

Pangs Of The Messiah, a JCC production performing

at The Cleveland Play House

Most recently heard on ads for:

 Lakewood Hospital · Ruggles · Smith Dairy

Click To Hear My Commercial demo

Member of AFTRA-SAG-AEA-VASTA

Owner of  LIPSCHTICK www.lipschtick.com

Founder of The GOT PAY? Organization

Represented by The Docherty Agency

George A. Sipl Productions

George Sipl is an Emmy Award winning writer, producer and engineer,

specializing in sound design, musical composition and recording for radio &
television ads,

music videos, educational programs, live shows and industrial productions,
since 1974.

George spent 3 years as Keyboardist, musical arranger and vocalist with

The Eric Carmen Band,

receiving a Gold Single & Album for hits

"All By Myself",

"Never Gonna Fall In Love Again", "That's Rock and Roll".

Writer/composer for Cable TV's

"Room by Room"

Writer/composer for theme songs:

  "At Spitzer, Our World Revolves Around You",

"For the Best Car Insurance Rates in Town Call 1-800-General Now",

Ohio Lottery Daily Pick.

Co-writer of

"I-X Indoor Amusement Park"

Engineer and composer of

Fitness Quest infomercials:

AbLounge, BioForce, Pilates Power Gym

Other clients include:

Cleveland Natural History Museum, Cedar Point Amusement Park,

The Cleveland Cavaliers, The Cleveland Indians,

The Orlando Magic, The Baltimore Orioles, The Washington Capitals

and hundreds more.

   What?

 Approximately 8 students will meet each

Monday from 6-9 pm, for 8 weeks.

All recording equipment and copy will be provided.

All you need to bring is a bottle of water to cool your chords!

 Your final class (7/13) will take place at George Sipl Studios

where you'll get the experience of working on commercial copy

in a full service recording studio and walk away with a CD

of your voice, on one, fully produced radio spot.

You'll learn Proper Studio Etiquette, Industry Terminology and

Microphone Technique with the option to explore a variety of "reads" like:

Announcer - Character Voices - Dialects - Industrial Narration

Real Person - 2 Person Dialogue - Hard & Soft Sell - Cold Readings

Where?

2300 McKinley Ave. Lakewood, Ohio 44107

5 Houses South of the McKinley Exit off I-90

When?

Every Monday Evening  for 8 week

May 25-July 13, 2009  6pm-9pm

(the next class will run July 20-September 7. The same details apply)

Cost?

$400

That's $17 per hour

$375 for returning students & AFTRA Members

 Payment due in advance.  Missed classes are not refundable.  Must be 18
years old.

216-521-3831 to register

Testimonials From Recent Students
"Jean Zarzour's Voice-Over Class has been, by far, the best class setting I
have ever experienced! The class was just as much fun as it was challenging!
And believe me, being stretched beyond my comfort zone was challenging. Jean
was the perfect instructor, coach and motivator. She utilized all of her
skills and voice-over repertoire to guide my "nice voice with potential"
much closer toward becoming a "multi-dimensional, multi-character voice with
potential!" I plan to take another round and add  another level to my
training.  Kudos to George Sipl of George A. Sipl Productions for the high
level of professionalism and expertise in the making of our class demo."
Marla B.  Lakewood Class

"Jean Zarzour's Voice Over class was just what I needed to motivate me to
use what everybody says I have - "a great voice"! Now I know what it takes
to make that voice work for me. The class was so good for me that well...
I'm taking another one!"  Richard Weber  Lakewood Class
"As a teacher, Jean gives of herself totally and unselfishly, sharing not
only technical knowledge, but wisdom, advice, and respect for the art and
craft of voice acting. Encouragement, empathy, and a quick-silver sense of
humor that doesn't quit, made for some of the most fun times I've ever had
in any course."  James Meyers   Lakewood Class

"The toughest thing about "hellos" is knowing one day you'll have to say
"goodbye".  To say that I enjoyed myself in your class would clearly be an
understatement and not give justice to your enormous talents in waking up my
inner creative soul.  So how does one say, 'I appreciate your patience,
drive to find my best, being able to motivate me and the rest of the talents
and personalities in class, all while laughing at my corny and sometimes
off-color joking around?"  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!  Bob Green
Lakewood Class

"The experience of learning to become a voice-over artist can be
intimidating.  My experience was exciting!  The eight weeks of on-microphone
work offered not only a great "vocal work-out", but an excellent
introduction into the world of voice-over artists.   Jean's expert guidance
and brilliant sense of humor more than prepared me for our "final exam" –
recording our "commercial spot" during a professional recording session.
Thanks for sharing Jean."    Frank E. Baker Pittsburgh Class

"Originally, I had signed up for Jean's voice-over class because it was
always something I had been interested in pursuing.  Throughout the eight
weeks, I learned a myriad of techniques that would strongly help someone to
break into this medium.  Jean's high energy and expert knowledge made class
a great joy to attend.  I could hardly wait till next week's lesson!"  Rocco
Marrongelli Pittsburgh Class
"Class with Jean is a laugh! The atmosphere is such that when you are pushed
to step out of your "comfort zone", you are comfortable doing it. You
realize you have more in there, and Jean and your classmates help you find
it and bring it out. The recording session at Market Street Sound was a
great crowning moment to the class. Do I really sound like that?! Thanks
Jean and my 'burgh classmates!"  Mary Ann Graziano Pittsburgh Class
"Being in Jean's class was worth 100% of the time, money and effort I put
into it. Not only does she manage to instruct her class with the utmost
professionalism, she's amazingly fun and talented. Before taking the Find
Your Voice -  Voice Over class, I thought I really knew all I needed to know
about getting into voice over acting but after this class, I realize there
was so much that I was clueless about. I would most definitely recommend
this class to anyone."   Bethany W.  Pittsburgh Class
"Jean's class was fun and was able to make the shyest person open up.  She's
a wonderful woman who knows her stuff and helps improve beginners or pros.
The recording studio is top of the line with great engineers.  Find Your
Voice - Voice Over Institute is really more than I imagined it would be."
Jennifer Heilman Pittsburgh Class
"I really appreciate your enthusiasm, professionalism and heartfelt
coaching.  It is amazing what you are able to get people to accomplish with
a mic in front of them.  Each week built on what we had done previously, and
I felt as if I had taken positive steps with each class.  You also inspired
some confidence.  I especially could see that with the others in the class.
Last week's finish left us all in a natural high.  Thanks, it took me about
four hours to settle down so I could sleep!!" Gary Maurer
"Jean's voice over class was great! She provides a comfortable atmosphere
where you can explore and learn. Her knowledge of her craft, her ability to
bring out your best, and the interaction with your fellow students made this
class a very positive experience." Barb Dragony
"Jean! Thanks for sharing your experience and your wealth of talent. You
made every class fun, challenging and informative. And compared to other
courses, yours is the best deal for the money. I'm so glad I took your
course and am looking forward to coming back for more. You're the
Greatest!!"  Dave Rader, Bass Player and future VO talent.
"This course truly lives up to its name. Without Jean, I would never have
found all the nutty characters that live in my larynx. Yes, she will
challenge you, but never make you feel insecure. I thoroughly enjoyed
myself, met a lot of cool, hilarious people and came away with
professionally produced piece of work. A very creative, rewarding
experience."  Carolyn Cull

"I have been wanting a better audio demo for years.  Jean Zarzour's expert
advice and coaching have been invaluable in helping me to create one.
Thanks, Jean."  Pete Ferry
"The minute you meet Jean, you get your first lesson in self-confidence. She
has a great gift for assessing the strengths and weaknesses of each student,
addressing the concerns, questions and specific goals of each individual.
Her friendly and relaxed approach coupled with her passion for what she does
makes for a juicy environment for creative challenge and growth. Highly
recommended for people at any stage of their voiceover career."  Anne McEvoy

"Some key words about Jean: Professional. Prepared. Capable. Shrewd.
Supportive. Open. Creative. Hard-working. Committed. Funny. A leader.
Caring. Knowledgeable!" - James McCormack