[NEohioPAL] Real Life Stories from the FBI and CIA!

Lynda Bender lbender at mmjh.org
Thu May 14 08:24:38 PDT 2009

The Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage brings real life stories from the
FBI and CIA!

Peter Earnest, former CIA operative and Director of the International
Spy Museum, tells behind-the-scenes stories of the special exhibition:
The Enemy Within: Terror in American 1776 to Today.  Our Own Backyard:
Terrorism in Northeast Ohio features local incidents told by an all-star
panel of law enforcement personnel who lived them, including United
States Marshal Peter J. Elliott, recently-elected Cuyahoga County
Sheriff Bob Reid and others

Reserve early, seating is limited and programs may sell out.  Call
216-593-0575 for tickets.

Guest Lecture: The Enemy Within with Peter Earnest

Wednesday, May 20

7pm

$15/$12 Maltz members

Peter Earnest, former CIA operative and Executive Director of the
International Spy Museum, talks about The Enemy Within exhibition with
emphasis on what's changed in since the exhibition was created, recent
highlights and the relevance for our country today, particularly for the
FBI and CIA. Mr. Earnest's thirty-six year career includes over twenty
years in the Agency's Clandestine Service, where he was awarded the
Medal of Merit for "superior performance" throughout his career.

Panel Discussion: Our Own Backyard: Terrorism in Northeast Ohio

Wednesday May 27

7pm

$10/$8 members

A cache of weapons and explosives is found in a storage locker in
Bedford; anti-war protestors target a Cleveland art treasure; a bomber
terrorizes the schoolchildren of Beachwood. Hear the inside story from
law enforcement officials who investigated these and other terrorist
crimes in our community. Speakers include United States Marshal Peter J.
Elliott, Assistant United States Attorney Justin Herdman, retired Police
Chief Edward Kovacic, FBI Special Agent Mike Maltbie and recently
elected Cuyahoga County Sheriff Bob Reid.  The discussion will be
moderated by Eric Wellman, host of Morning Edition on WCPN.