[NEohioPAL] Wednesday @ 7:30 = last time to get IN THE GUTTER!

Oddy Festival oddyfest at gmail.com
Sun May 17 06:49:52 PDT 2009

Please consider joining Oddy Festival *this Wednesday (5/20) at 7:30 at the
Heights Arts Studio (2340 Lee Road) for our last "IN THE GUTTER" show*!
Folks have really been enjoying the dirty silliness and the silly
dirtiness and our big frickin' elephant.  As always *NEOhioPAL referencers
get in for HALF-PRICE ($5)*.  Hope to see you this Wednesday at 7:30!  (Wear
something you don't mind getting stained...)

*In the Gutter: The NINTH ODDY FEST SHOW*

* *

*Pre-show music featuring the return of “Hamilton’s Revenge!”*

As a way of warming audiences up to this style of theatre, the latest number
from OddyFest’s house band features f-bombing of atomic proportions.

* *

*“The Elephant” by Ian Adler*

*In the tradition of the ancient Greek playwright Aristophanes, and
recognizing the 50th anniversary of the “obscene” **Cleveland
Heights**screening that resulted in the Jacobellis “I know it when I
see it” Supreme
Court decision in 1964, OddyFest presents a bawdy political work filled with
obscene scenes and characters. We’ll see if audiences still know it when
they see it a half-century later…*

It shouldn’t be too hard:

This satire of political parties and the search for

meaning is filled with vulgar language and suggestive situations.*

*Plus: A monologue inspired by Aristophanes’ “Peace”*

* *

*ONE SHOW LEFT!*

* *

*May 20!*

* *

*SHOW STARTS AT 7:30 P.M.*

*(doors open at 7:15)*

* *

*HEIGHTS ARTS STUDIO*

*2340 Lee Road (across the bridge)*

*(on the west side of the Cleveland Heights Library)*

* *

*ALL TICKETS $10**!*

* *

**For mature audiences (18 years and older) only.*

* *

***Mention NEOhioPAL and get in for half-price ($5)!*

--
Matt Greenfield
The Oddy Festival
oddyfest at gmail.com