[NEohioPAL] Honoring Commitments- Final Chapter (A Happy Ending)

Ryan Bergeron ryanbergeron at msn.com
Wed May 20 16:58:02 PDT 2009

You know, I really have to comment on this ongoing thread....I've been more than willing to simply read along without chiming in, but I need to comment since it's resurfacing one more time.

I really have to say that it is a bit childish to continue harping on this actor. It's bordering on just plain mean-spirited sour grapes. The fact that you are not naming him makes it no better. You cannot lecture on how to take the high road while childishly dragging someone thru the mud. Is it really worth this much effort to damage the reputation of someone who wronged you? This whole need for "revenge" more or less.... the choice to partake in that kind of behavior is one of the exact criteria I use in determining who is a professional and who is an amateur. This actor did something that you think was wrong. Fine. Maybe it was. Don't work with him again. If you need to talk to directors at other theatres, fine. Do it in PRIVATE in a PROFESSIONAL context that comes from a sincere desire to save other producers/directors the grief of going thru this. Don't repeatedly air your dirty laundry and cast allegations and judgements at someone in public. It's just tacky, and it speaks poorly of the professionalism of you and your theatre.

If this actor is as terrifying to deal with as you say he is, he will tie his own noose. A professional should know better than to sling mud. If I were this actor, frankly I'd be laughing at the amount of effort and energy you've been wasting rather than learning the lesson you're trying to teach. It sounds like your production was indeed made stronger by his departure. Congratulate yourself and your cast for a job well done under difficult circumstances and MOVE ON. Even though you have valid points to make, all i hear for all of your outcry about it is "I'm sure those grapes were sour, anyway".

Thanks for listening, and best of luck.

Regards,

Ryan Bergeron