[NEohioPAL] Dance This Week & Ongoing

MegLouise Dance meglouisedance at yahoo.com
Mon May 25 13:53:55 PDT 2009

MegLouise Dance / C L A S S    O F F E R I N G S
Dance is alive and vibrant in Cleveland.  Come get your piece of the action.

Check out the range of courses and times to fit your needs.  The schedule is listed below. New and returning students are always welcome.  There is no registration required and you are free to come as often or as little as you are able.  However, there are discounts on class fees if you purchase a class card.  Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Modern Dance TechniqueMondays & Wednesdays 9:00 - 10:00am  (Fundamentals)Saturdays 2:30 - 4:00pm (Intermediate Technique)

Recreational Dance ClassesMondays 7:35 - 8:35pm  Funky ModernSundays 6:35 - 7:35pm  Hip HopWednesdays 7:35 - 8:35pm  JazzSaturdays 1:15 - 2:15pm  Beg. Ballet
Special Class Offerings
> Monday, May 25th 7:35pm - 8:35pm  CaribFunkGuest Artist A'keitha Carey will give beginning and intermediate dancers a taste of her new style.  CaribFunk is : classical ballet and modern technique treading on the boundaries of traditional African and Caribbean movement and implications.  The class exhibits culture, tradition, funk and fusion.  It is pulsating, percussive and rhythmic.  Styles of music include, but are not limited to Afro-Cuban jazz, reggae, soca, calypso and
 salsa.  Come and island hop.  Feel the pink sand between your toes while we groove.> If there is enough interest, there may be future workshops or regular classes in CaribFunk.  Come check it out and let us now.

> > Thursday, May 28th 5:30 - 7:00pm Capoeira for BeginnersStudio 11 offers regular classes in Capoeira by the Grupo Unidade School.  This is a special opportunity for dancers and first timers to try out the form.  General Description: Capoeira is a martial art created by African slaves in Brazil over 500 years ago.  It was created in secret as a means for the slaves to protect themselves.  In order to fool the slavemasters, Capoeira was disguised as a ritual dance.  This allowed Capoeiristas to play in plain view of their owners, even though it was
 illegal to practice martial arts.  This martial art is frequently supplying source material for contemporary modern dance and hip hop choreography.> > If there is enough interest, the class may be offered on an ongoing basis.

For More Information, Contact:

Megan Pitcher
MegLouise Dance
ph: 616.502.1019