[NEohioPAL] NY Summer Theatre Job!! Girls Night: The Musical Off-Broadway

Vintage Kitty vintagekitty at yahoo.com
Thu May 28 07:57:08 PDT 2009

Cleveland kids, If you are in NYC for the summer and want to make a little extra dosh, here is a fun position.You can FW this onto your NY theatre buddies as well.
Please contact the person below and not me--Best Amy

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay with information, but here are the details on working for us. The show opens June 2nd @ the Downstairs Cabaret @ Sofia’s. 221 W. 46th bet. Broadway and 8th Ave. Near the Lunt Fontaine Theater. You would begin work on this date.

Available positions are box office, ushers, and possibly hours for passing out flyers in midtown.

Flyers in the theater district $10/hr. CASH (We are looking to hire two people but both positions may already be filled. If you are interested in signing on for an alternate, please let me know that as well.)

M-F 2-5 (except Wed.)
Wed. 12-2
Sat. 2-5
Sun. 1-3

You would basically come to our offices before work. Pick up your stuff and then we’ll have set locations for you to hit each day -- probably a lot outside ‘In the Heights’ which is right near us.

Also available are box office and ushering jobs.

Box office is $8/hr. and ushering is $100/wk. CASH. But you obvs can’t do both of these.

Box office weekdays & weekends you will need to arrive two hours prior to each performance and may leave once the performance begins. You will be taking ticket orders and/or checking people in with me. I arrive at the theater each day at around 6:30, so Tuesdays will be a little hairy. There will also be opportunities for box office people to stay later and get more hours selling merch at the theater. I do not work Sat. and Sun. so we’re looking to hire two people for weekends and one for weekdays.

T 5-7
W 6-8
Th 6-8
F 6-8
S 3-5
Sun 1-3

For ushering, you’ll have to arrive a half hour prior to when we open the house. Our house opens one hour before each performance as there is a bar in the space. You may leave once the performance begins.

Performance times are:

T 7p
W 8p
Th 8p
F 8p
Sat. 5p
Sun. 3p

So just to reiterate, you’ll be arriving an hour and a half before these show times for ushering – and again it’s $100 cash/week if you want to do all of these, and it’s approx. an hour and a half of work per day for $100 bux a week cash! Ideally we are hoping to get two people that can work every show. If you would like to do that you get first dibs!

Thanks everybody, and hope to work with you soon!!

Holly M. Dunn
Entertainment Events, Inc
320