[NEohioPAL] "Perfect Wedding", "La Mancha" auditions, Subscription deals and more! - June e-News from CVLT

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Mon Jun 1 17:05:27 PDT 2009

  Chagrin Valley Little Theatre
  _June 2009 e-News_
  (Scroll down for full details.)

    * *Performances & Events in June:*
          o /Perfect Wedding/ - Fridays & Saturdays, June 5 - 27
                + Wedding Dresses on Silent Auction
                + Contest: Get Married on the CVLT stage!
    * *Other CVLT News:*
          o /SAVE BIG by Subscribing to our 80th Season NOW! /
          o Archive photos and more on our Facebook page
            <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chagrin-Falls-OH/Chagrin-Valley-Little-Theatre/12134459483?ref=cvlt.org>
          o Summer Youth Theater Sessions
          o Write your own theater reviews at CVLT.org
    * *Auditions in June:*
          o /Grease/ (Men Only! June 7 Audition)
          o /Man of La Mancha /(June 14/15 Auditions)
    * *Coming in July:* /Grease <http://cvlt.org/79thSeason/grease.php>/
      and /The Ten-Ten Festival of One Acts
      <http://cvlt.org/79thSeason/10-10festival.php>/

    */Perfect Wedding <http://cvlt.org/79thSeason/perfectwedding.php>
    /Fridays & Saturdays at 8 PM
    June 5th - 27th*

*Written by Robin Hawdon
Directed by Barbara L. Rhoades*

Few situations could raise more concern in the average man than waking
up after a night of drunken bachelor partying to find a strange, naked
woman next to him in bed. However, when that man is the groom, and is
getting married in only a few hours, and that woman is not his wife,
things can quickly get stickier than a face full of wedding cake frosting.

Such is the situation for Bill (Adam V. Young), the hapless leading man
in /Perfect Wedding/, a comedy from British playwright Robin Hawdon
(/Don't Dress for Dinner, The Mating Game/). While Bill is attempting to
recall who this young woman (Brenda Redmond) is, his best man Tom (Eric
Oswald) is soon knocking at the hotel room door, and not far behind is
his fiancée Rachel (Rachel D. Zake). Throw in the bride's mother Daphne
(Elaine Sonnie) and Julie the hotel maid (Denise Bernstein), and you
have all of the necessary ingredients for a riotous farce! This tangled
and touching love story spins with hilarious confusion, mistaken
identities, and cover-up lies opens on our main stage this Friday!

*WEDDING DRESS SILENT AUCTION*
Chagrin Valley Little Theatre will be offering two very special
promotions in conjunction with this production; a silent auction of
designer bridal gowns will be held throughout the run of /Perfect
Wedding/, with gowns on display in the lobby of the theatre and at the
theatre's website.

*GET MARRIED ON OUR STAGE*
In addition, CVLT is offering a 'perfect wedding' on the /Perfect
Wedding/ set to any interested couple (opening and closing nights
excepted). The theatre will provide the stage and will play any music
provided on the theatre's sound system. A wine and cheese reception in
the theatre's River Room, as well as free tickets for the bride and
groom and a group discount to their family and friends are also
included. *Interested couples should send a 100-word or less statement
on why they'd like to celebrate their special day in this unique way to
nancy at cvlt.org <mail:nancy at cvlt.org?subject=Perfect%20Wedding%20Contest>
by June 5.* A three-person committee of CVLT Board members will choose
the winner.

*Tickets:* $14 regular / $10 for students and seniors.

Purchase online 24/7 at www.cvlt.org/79thSeason/perfectwedding.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/79thSeason/perfectwedding.php>
or call the Box Office at 440-247-8955 between 1 and 6 PM, Mon-Sat.

      *SAVE MONEY /AND/ SUPPORT A LOCAL GEM:
      SUBSCRIBE TO OUR 'RUBY JUBILEE' 80th SEASON!*

CVLT's 'Ruby Jubilee' 80th Season includes a dozen plays and seven
special events, including a concert version of /Man of La Mancha/, full
stagings of /Roald Dahl's 'Willy Wonka' / and /Forever Plaid/, as well
as the Ohio community theatre premiere of Mel Brooks' /The Producers/!

*Get one ticket to each of 7 Main Stage shows and SAVE UP TO 30%
*$80 Regular, $70 Senior, or choose our $90 Flex Pass and get 7 tickets
to use on any Main Stage performances in any combination you choose!*

*SUBSCRIBE BY SEPTEMBER - SAVE EVEN MORE! *
Individual ticket prices will be going up in our 80th Season but /if you
buy before September 1st you get 79th Season Subscription prices (that's
up to an additional 15% off!) - / $76 Regular, $56 Senior

* Flex Pass tickets subject to availability. Special events, concerts,
and River Street Playhouse productions are not included in Season
Subscriptions packages.

See a complete 80th Season listing at www.cvlt.org/80thSeason/index.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/80thSeason/index.php>

*MEN ONLY - AUDITIONS FOR /GREASE/ *
One June 7th, director Pamela LaForce will be holding auditions for
additional MEN to perform in the musical /Grease/ (July 24 - Aug 22).
Seeking strong singer/dancer/actors age 18 or older. Please prepare 2
contrasting vocal selections, 32 bars each. Bring sheet music in correct
key. Be prepared to read from the script and dance. Please notify the
box office if you plan to audition by calling 440-247-8955 or by
emailing boxoffice at cvlt.org
<mailto:boxoffice at cvlt.org?subject=Grease%20Auditions>.
Headshots/resumes welcome but not required.

*AUDITIONS FOR /MAN OF LA MANCHA: IN CONCERT! / *
One June 14th and 15th at 7:30 PM, director Don Edelman and musical
director Stephen Eva will be holding auditions for men and women ages
12+ to perform in the special event /Man of La Mancha: In Concert! /
(Sept 24 - 27). Bring two songs to sing, one up tempo and one ballad. Be
prepared for some movement and readings from the script. Appointments
not necessary. Headshots/resumes welcome but not required.
www.cvlt.org/auditions.php <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php>.

*CHAGRIN VALLEY LITTLE THEATRE ON FACEBOOK *
Join over a hundred and fifty other fans of CVLT on our Facebook page!
You'll find news updates, exclusive photos from the past and present,
and maybe even a few friends! Look for us at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chagrin-Falls-OH/Chagrin-Valley-Little-Theatre/12134459483
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chagrin-Falls-OH/Chagrin-Valley-Little-Theatre/12134459483?ref=cvlt.org>
and 'become a fan' to spread the word.

*SUMMER YOUTH THEATRE SESSIONS*
Summer Sessions for our Youth Theatre program are now open for
registration. Grades 3 - 12 June 15-27 and July 13-24 (2 week sessions),
Grades 1 and 2 July 13-Aug 1 (3 week session) . All sessions culminate
with a performance. See complete details at www.cvlt.org/youth.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/youth.php>.

*WRITE YOUR OWN REVIEWS *
Just saw a show at CVLT? We want to know what you think! We have added a
'post a review' section at the bottom of each show's page on
www.cvlt.org <http://www.cvlt.org> where you can submit your own review
or comments about the show. This is something of an 'experiment', but if
it proves popular, more new features are sure to follow!

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022 *

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture and is supported by the Ohio
Arts Council