[NEohioPAL] 06/22/09 SEAN PRATT PRESENTS HIS WEEKLY ARTICLE ON THE BUSINESS OF THE BIZ

seanpratt at comcast.net seanpratt at comcast.net
Sun Jun 21 12:00:03 PDT 2009

Getting Your MFA: The Pros and Cons of Going to Graduate School

Here are some questions to ponder when considering whether to go back to school for your MFA.

Every winter a new group of actors, both young graduates and those who have been out for a while trying to make a go of it, grapple with the question, “Should I or should I not go to graduate school to get my MFA.”  Often, they’ll consult with their more successful peers, former teachers, family and friends in order to gather up opinions. They’re looking for a direct yes or no answer that they can then add to their collection, hoping that eventually the scale will tip one way or the other.  If they’re lucky, they’ll have an older actor ask them, “Well, tell me why you want to go in the first place?”  Their response will probably be a mixture of confusion, frustration, desperation and hope, all rolled into one.

To read the rest of this article go to: http://acting.suite101.com/article.cfm/getting_your_mfa