[NEohioPAL] Another Period Clothing Challenge (America, 1865 - 1885)

Bruce Jennings dadsongs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 07:00:06 PDT 2009

Hi, Everyone:
This worked so well the first time I tried it, I decided to turn to my
NeOhioPal experts once again!

I found a photo on the internet of a building and a group of people, a few
of whom may be distant relatives. As is the case in a lot of these
instances, I have little else to lead me to a date for the photo. Would
anyone care to speculate on the date of the photo? All I can offer is the
location and a ballpark date estimate.

This is a link to the Picasa album containing two photos.

http://picasaweb.google.com/DadSongs/FamilyHistoryStuff?authkey=Gv1sRgCMG_xIKhwunEqQE&feat=directlink

(By the way, Picasa is very reputable. I doubt your computer will pick up
any web-residing cooties by following the link)

One is the photo of the building, the other is a scan of a drawing
depicting, quite possibly, one of the people included in the group photo. I
have little to offer except my gratitude as compensation for your efforts.
Then again, who knows what the future may bring -- kind of like "Androcles
and the Lion". Perhaps a credit in the upcoming vanity press edition of our
family history book?

Bruce Jennings
Shaker Heights, OH