[NEohioPAL] Libraries

Tom Burnett tburnett at neo.rr.com
Wed Jun 24 08:05:22 PDT 2009

You will make no impact at all unless your "Don't cut off the
libraries!" is accompanied by some viable suggestion as to what to do
to generate that money. Raising taxes in a down economy is a bad
idea, so you're going to have to suggest which budget item or items
should be cut to keep that $200+ million coming to the state's
libraries.

Cut Medicaid? Close all the state parks? Close prisons and put the
convicts into crowded cells at the other prisons, or release hundreds
or thousands of them? Cut aid to the schools? To colleges and
universities?

I use my library a great deal and have always voted in favor of
library tax issues but, frankly, aid to the state's 251 public
libraries would rank below any of those things mentioned above.