[NEohioPAL] Libraries, opinions

Robert Hawkes rhhawkes at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 11:25:23 PDT 2009

Point taken. Informing myself is my responsibility. (But is that record
going to reveal to my unpracticed eye where the waste is?)

But MY real point is about the use of "opinion" as a discourse-stopper:

"That's my opinion" usually means "I don't have to justify my position -
it's as unarguable as any other 'feeling'"

"That's your opinion" usually means "I can dismiss what you say without
justification"

Makes me NUTS.