[NEohioPAL] Is Applause International legit?

Joseph Ledford josephledford777 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 08:47:00 PDT 2009

Hi everyone!
My name is Joe Ledford. I am an actor in NE Ohio who followed a
posting on the NEOhioPAL list and auditioned for Kim Myers, a locally
based national talent scout with Applause International. She called me
back and invited me to attend thei Applause Rising Talent Showcase
(ARTS) in Orlando at which I can audition for national casting and
talent agents. BUT it costs over $1,200 to attend (plus more money if
I want to participate in more than two categories of auditions) and I
have to pay for my own hotel and travel costs. Now they want $325 for
headshots with their selected photographer. Is this on the up and up?
They claim to have found people who are now working on Broadway, big
time movies and commercials. Has anyone gone through APPLAUSE and
actually been booked for work or should I beware of this as just
another "pay to play" scheme? Anyone's help is appreciated.