[NEohioPAL] Short film looking for cast...

Johnny K. Wu johnny at mdifilm.com
Wed Jul 1 16:38:45 PDT 2009

Short film looking for cast.

Hello everyone, I am currently in pre-production for a short drama thriller
film that I will co-direct with writer Rion Gilpin called Redtail Run. A
short film designed to be shot in Hitchcockian-style with a touch of film
noir.  We planned to shoot this in late August 2009

The premise: A frustrated, disturbed person (played by Kyle Znamenak) turns
his passion for violent video games into real life tragedy for three
victims. Becoming a sniper for a day on a running/biking trail in a heavily
wooden, suburban area.

This is currently planned only for one weekend shoot, as this film has
minimal cast, I will just going to send out email notice and anyone
interested in being part of this film can email me your headshot/resume.
This is a volunteer basis, but as usual like my other short films, you will
get a copy of the film on DVD with several BTS footages, the film will be
screened at numerous festivals and we will feed you well. :-)

Below is the character breakdown that is still open:

Victim #1

This character is an affluent business type.  Stylish clothing even in
running outfit. Upscale auto should be available. IE: Lexus. Victim #1
appears to be a highly successful and driven person.  He can seem high
strung and impatient.  A man on the go!

Victim #3

A Gay Male who bikes for exercise.  This character doesn't show signs of
being overtly gay.  He's well groomed & dresses rather well.  He's obviously
a professional of some type.  His bicycle is a top-shelf brand.  Victim #3
appears to be obviously a meticulous person in appearance, choice of vehicle
and bicycle.

Victim #3 Partner

This is the male life-partner of the last victim.  He too is not overtly gay
seeming.  He's also a professional type.  Well groomed & dressed.

Small Child

The small child is the charge of Victim #3 & his partner.  This child can be
either a boy or girl roughly around 8 or 9 years old.  The child is simply
the average, normal everyday kid who is disappointed the Victim #3 goes
biking instead of quality time on this particular day.

Newscaster V/O

This is a voiceover only.  A female news reporter doing a normal,
top-of-the-hour radio report.

Other Sniper

The second sniper is only seen via hand on trigger, brow squinting into a
scope.  The sex of this character is undeterminable on screen.

If you are interested, please email me your headshot/resume. Thank you for
your support!

Johnny Wu

Johnny Wu

Producer/Director/Editor

www.mdifilm.com <http://www.mdifilm.com/>

www.rapturethemovie.com

www.thegummingzombie.com

President

OCA-Cleveland Chapter

"Embracing the Hopes and Aspirations of Asian Pacific  Americans"

 <http://www.ocagc.org/> www.ocagc.org

Administrator

Cleveland IndieClub

www.indieclub.com