[NEohioPAL] Need to borrow a camera and a video projection screen

Joshua Brown joshdbrown at att.net
Fri Jul 24 19:58:34 PDT 2009

I am producing the multimedia for David Hansen's solo show, And Then
You Die (How I Ran A Marathon In 26.2 Years), and I am in need of two
things.

The first thing is a solid-state camera.  I wish to mount the camera
to the handlebars of my bicycle and film a ride from Cleveland Heights
to Lakewood. The camera I have is a hard disk drive camera, so the
bouncing of the bike shuts the camera down to preserve the integrity
of the drive.  I need a camera that can record video onto a flash-
memory-based card, like an SD card or other such thing.  I have a
professional bike/tripod mount, so the camera will be perfectly safe.
Also, the ride should last for about an hour, so ideally the card
should have the capacity to record an hour or more of video at one time.

The other thing I need is a portable video screen, the kind that pulls
down like a window shade.  When we presented the show at CPT's Big
[Box] last year, we had a very large screen that was perfect for our
needs, but it is very bulky and heavy.  Now that we are taking the
show to the New York Fringe Festival, we need something that's lighter
and much quicker to set up and tear down.  The ideal screen would be
as large as possible while still being easily transported, and have a
wide screen aspect ratio.  We would need to borrow this for the week
leading up to August 1, for rehearsals and the free performance at CPT
on 8/1, and then again when we go to New York, August 14 - 23.

If you have either of these things and are willing to lend them to a
great cause, please contact me at the phone or email below.  Thanks!

Joshua Brown
p: 216-246-2855
e: jdb14 at alumni.case.edu