[NEohioPAL] Why NOT...learn to Write a Book!

TONY BROWN TBROWN at plaind.com
Thu Jul 23 06:54:07 PDT 2009

I'm just trying to imagine the firestorm that would have been kicked up
on this forum had someone said:

"Before spending this money, consider that one of the actor's shows was
self-produced and the other by a small, regionally oriented theater. My
guess is, you won't find anything in this show that you can't find in
You Tube videos on the 'net, or in the five hundred so shows like that
have been produced off-Broadway."

More generally: I find it increasingly depressing to read how easily
sniping comes to many of the correspondents on this forum (and, for that
matter, on cleveland.com), sniping that seems to grow shriller when it
comes from an anonymous source hiding behind a screen name. Commentary
is so much more valid and valuable when it is informed and delivered in
a responsible, constructive manner by someone unafraid to OWN it.

Andiamo,

t.

>>> Jamey Mixson <memakefilm at yahoo.com> 7/22/2009 10:44 PM >>>
I lived in LA for some time where I had the honor to meet some little
known author (I hope you know who I'm talking about) named...Michael
Crichton. Because I had been cast on ER as an extra a few times I
figured I had the authority to ask him "hey Mike...how do you write a
book". In response very shortly I was told..."put your pen on a piece of
paper"
Mister Crichton stepped on. I was crushed but the reality was the he
had just given me the secret to an age old question. His words...gems
baby!

I've since written a cpl books, that's not as important as what I want
to share now. I published my first novel by developing my own imprint.
People immediately think of self publishing as a down grade. I
traditionally published my work..no vanity press, no retail repackaging.
Mine is the name on the spine. How did I do that: I learned. I read, I
researched, I kicked butt on a major level. Doesn't immediately matter
who I am, well it does but more so that if any of you can garner
valuable insight from a writers' workshop have at it..those that
dont....DON'T! And that's the beauty of contemporay writing and
literature...you have the right (and often wrong) to do it your way.

www.literaryrockstar.com (sorry site looks icky...revamping for new
novel release soon)
20,000 copies sold of a novel you've never heard of folx! You can get
it for just $10 American dollars though lol 20K times $10 in 24
months...you do the math

www.myspace.com/1jamey
Jamey Mixson @ Facebook
hit me up...I may be able and inclined to help/ support/ encourage your
journey.

Regards,
The Jamey