[NEohioPAL] 5 WEEK SWING DANCE CLASSES FOR BEGINNERS STARTING SOON!

Valerie Salstrom info at gethepswing.com
Tue Jul 28 14:32:27 PDT 2009

My last post I did not have the correct phone number listed for the
Brecksville Center for the Arts.

The dates for the next few 5 week sessions are:

AUGUST 4-SEPTEMBER 1
SEPTEMBER 15-OCTOBER 13
OCTOBER 27-NOVEMBER 24

Those dates are all Tuesdays and the times for the beginner classes
are 7-8pm.

$50 per person or $80 for couples.

This class will be an introduction to the most well known form of
swing dancing; the Jitterbug. This dance was originally made famous in
the 1940s and 50s, but is still enjoyed today all across the world. We
will dance to all kinds of music from big band to blues to early rock
and roll. You will learn several basic foot work patterns, how to
connect with a partner and socially lead and follow a variety of moves
in open and closed position. There are many opportunities in the
Cleveland area to go out and dance and this is a great way to get
involved, meet people and get some exercise too! Don’t be afraid! This
dance is very easy and fun to learn!

You DO NOT need a partner for this class. Please dress in comfortable
clothing and wear shoes that are not too sticky.

Valerie Salstrom is a multi-year, national and international swing
dance champion and the owner of Get Hep Swing. She has been dancing,
teaching, competing, choreographing, coaching, and judging swing dance
full time for the past 11 years. Get Hep Swing is one of the only
dance companies in the world to be solely dedicated to the social
swing dances from the 1920s through the 1950s. Valerie will be
teaching with staff members from her company who are also recognized
dance champions. Have the time of your life learning from some of the
best swing dancers and swing dance teachers in the world!

Please contact the Brecksville Center for the Arts to sign up for the
class.

Brecksville Center for the Arts
www.brecksvillearts.org
8997 Highland Dr
Cleveland, OH 44141-2449
(440) 526-6232
brecksvillearts at yahoo.com

If you have questions related to the dance forms, levels, or class
material please email or call Valerie at info at GetHepSwing.com or
216-374-1927.
Valerie Salstrom
Owner of Get Hep Swing, Ltd.
216-374-1927