[NEohioPAL] Jewish choral singers needed

Scott Stein scottypiano at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 11:18:57 PDT 2009

Seeking two Jewish singers for paid choral gigs over the High Holidays at
Beth El Congregation in Akron. Specifically, we need a *tenor* for the
mornings of Saturday, Sept. 19 and Sunday, Sept. 20 (Rosh Hashanah) and a *
bass* for the mornings of Sat. 9/19 and Sun. 9/20 (Rosh Hashanah) as well as
the evening of Sun. 9/27 and two services on Mon. 9/28 (Yom Kippur).
Rehearsals are Aug. 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27 in the evening at the synagogue.

There is a good amount of music to learn, so sight reading skills are a
must.

Our choir has been beloved by our congregation for many years and is a mix
of volunteers and professional singers. Our repertoire is almost exclusively
in Hebrew and includes pieces by many of the classic synagogue composers
such as Lewandowski and Naumbourg as well as contemporary composers such as
Meir Finkelstein and Gerald Cohen.

If you are interested or know someone who may be interested, please contact
Scott Stein (music director), whose information is below.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Scott Stein
Choral director, Beth El Congregation
scottypiano at gmail.com