[NEohioPAL] Sun.August 9th WRP salutes the Cleveland USO with donations

Marie Dusini mardus at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 3 11:10:30 PDT 2009

Western Reserve Playhouse has been collecting donations for the USO at their performances of the 1940's new musical "The Andrews Brothers."

In the past six performances over $700.00 has been collected and we hope to reach $1,000.00 by our final performance of this show on Sunday, August 9, 2009.

Retired Commander Rick De Chant, President of the Cleveland chapter of the USO, will be on hand to receive a check for these donations from the shows producer Marie Dusini of Bath Township and its director Mark A. Zimmerman of Akron.

Recently retired Lt. Colonel Doug Fry, a member of the Cleveland Board of the USO was a guest at this show
and expressed his appreciation of the theatres decision to honor the USO in this way.  He also declared the show a wonderful performance and that it was in keeping with the USO's tradition of entertaining the troops.  He encourages any past or current service person to attend this production and be treated to a wonderful evening in the theatre.  He stated "I can't bring your show to the troops but I encourage all service members and their families in the area to attend this wonderful show."

The Board of Western Reserve Playhouse has been pleased to be able to put on this wonderful production and to assist the USO and their work with the donations that we have collected.  But the best part states Valerie Senn Langenfeld leading lady of the production, "It gives me such a warm feeling to hear all the compliments of the audience as they leave the theatre and to feel their appreciation of what we have done here each night."